wireless card
wwaite2007

I currently use the USB720..I want to use it in my playstation 3, now when i go to set it up it tells me i need to know my SSID# and my WEP or WPA# how or where do i find these numbers? I appreciate the help, thanks!!

0 Likes
Re: wireless card
Hemingray
Enthusiast - Level 3

That would be settings for a standard 802.11 Wireless LAN. I don't think you can use your device directly with a PS3.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I don't really know anything about connecting your PS3 to the internet, however, I think you need to purchase a router and use it to connect your computer and PS3.  I purchased a CradlePoint MBR1000 that works well with my Verizon USB760.  The USB760 plugs directly into the MBR1000 and connects to the internet.  When you set up your router, you will determine the SSID name and your security (WEP or WAP) passphrase.  You will then use this information to connect your computers and PS3 to the router.

0 Likes
najach
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wanna hook up my PS3, also.... but I'm afraid of the carnage that would do to my bandwidth usage. I heard one guy going over his 30gig limit just editing a level in Little Big Planet. Also, I know all the demos and things I want to download will take a ton of bandwidth just by themselves, let alone viewing the pages that they're on.

If you do this, good luck... but get a bandwidth monitor, too, so you can monitor up to the second how much you're using of your 5gig! I have FreeMeter.... it's free!

0 Likes