usb 551l
triciadrich

will go dormant, shows a connection and signal strength but will not be able to visit any websites

recconect device could not establish a connection . Error WMC604

recconect again gets stuck intializing, neve3r connects

have to restart program and uninsert and reinsert device

happens often sometimes will go dormant as soon as I connect

0 Likes
Re: usb 551l
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello triciadrich,

I certainly understand the importance of having a consistent and reliable data connection when needed. As you wireless service provider, we have an obligation to you to provide the absolute BEST wireless experience and I am here to ensure that you get just that! I have a few questions for you so I can get a better understanding of the issue. Please see below:

1. What make and model computer are you using?
2. What operating system are you using?
3. Have you ever been able to connect to the web in the past?
4. What’s version of VZ Access Manager do you have installed on the computer?

To provide some basic troubleshooting steps on how to resolve this issue, I have posted some of the common steps.

• Terminate and re-establish an internet connection.
• Check for any driver conflicts/updates in device manager.
• Uninstall, reboot the computer, and reinstall the VZ Access Manager software.

Once you have provided the answers to the questions then I can research the issue a little deeper. If you have tried the troubleshooting steps above and are able to able to connect to the internet then please advise as I am eager to know the outcome.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
triciadrich

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Hello triciadrich,

I certainly understand the importance of having a consistent and reliable data connection when needed. As you wireless service provider, we have an obligation to you to provide the absolute BEST wireless experience and I am here to ensure that you get just that! I have a few questions for you so I can get a better understanding of the issue. Please see below:

1. What make and model computer are you using?
2. What operating system are you using?
3. Have you ever been able to connect to the web in the past?
4. What’s version of VZ Access Manager do you have installed on the computer?

To provide some basic troubleshooting steps on how to resolve this issue, I have posted some of the common steps.

• Terminate and re-establish an internet connection.
• Check for any driver conflicts/updates in device manager.
• Uninstall, reboot the computer, and reinstall the VZ Access Manager software.

Once you have provided the answers to the questions then I can research the issue a little deeper. If you have tried the troubleshooting steps above and are able to able to connect to the internet then please advise as I am eager to know the outcome.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

1. I use an HP dv3 laptop

2.windows vista

3. I am always able to eventually connect, but the problem is I can never keep the connection for very long and it constantly goes dormant. Sometimes I will go to disconnect to reconnect and it will say "unable to terminate connection". Or I go to reconnect and I get the wmc error. I always have to close the program remove the device, restart the program then reinset the device.

4. I have latest version of vz access manager and firmware is also up to date.

have done all the troubleshooting you mention more than once....

what causes a connection to go dormant????

0 Likes
siss2266
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got the USB551L today.  I have repeated "DNS Server Timeouts" in my Event Log.  This is why my internet pages will not download or I get the "Page cannot be displayed" message.  I have been researching this issue thru the Verizon Forums and several different Google Searches.

'

VERIZON this really does not appear to be a VZAccess Manager "uninstall/reinstall" problem.  It appears to have something to do with DNS Server Settings for the device.  I don't know WHAT isn't set correctly, but after months & months & months of the SAME repeated complaints from your customers, I find it hard to believe that it has yet to be resolved. 

Connections go dormant;   Servers timeout or don't respond;  "The server did not register with DCOM within the required timeout";  "Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP server);    These are service problems with your product that need to be resolved.  There are tons of these error messages in my event log every single day.  These problerms existed with the USB760 I used before.  These are connectivity issues that you need to address and compensate your customers for literally hours of lost usage.  We can't use our internet yet we have to continue to pay for the poor service.   

Can't someone get this figured out????   PLEASE?!

jtpvstorey
Enthusiast - Level 1

It seems that many many many people are having this same type of problem.  My USB551L goes dormant or disconnects so often I get so frustrated I just have to get up and leave before I throw it on the floor and stomp it to pieces.  It is definately making it extremely difficult for me to stay with Verizon.  Now, with that said, what I would like to find out is: Is there anyway that I can get a detailed listing of every connection established and amount of data used during that connection?  Just like the detail I get for my call connections on my cell phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Siss226, I understand your concern and appreciate the steps you have taken to resolve the issue! Have we filed a trouble ticket for you? If not, please DM me with your name and number and I can begin the process of filing a ticket. When filing a trouble ticket, it will move into the hands of our network engineers, who will examine this from a network perspective and issue a resolution.

SammuelP_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
siss2266
Enthusiast - Level 2

AS REQUESTED:  I am requesting a trouble ticket be started concerning

connectivity issues.

Attached in a .ZIP file is all the info I could think to send.  System

configuration, print screens showing errors, event ID's from event viewer

showing DNS and DHCP events, diagnostics from VZAccess Manager, etc.

Please note that the DNS Server & DHCP Server Events were also occuring

with the previous USB760 (believe that's the model #) from Verizon for

Mobile Broadband.

I seriously have to believe there are incorrect settings somewhere in

Windows 7, Anti-virus programs, or under the tcp/iv4 and tcp/iv6 properties

on the device for these constant messages and hangups with IE9 to keep

occuring.

I did COMPLETELY uninstall all VZAccess Manager & Novatel files from my

computer and then re-installed with the CD I received at the time of

purchase, Monday, Oct 22, 2012.

Also, there was a Firmware update for the USB551L that I did install and

NOW it keeps randomly disconnecting.

I do believe Dial-Up was quicker than this with less troubleshooting.  From

google searches & searches throughout the Verizon community forum, folks

have been having these problems for quite some time now.  I sincerely hope

this can be rectified ASAP.

If there is more information you need from my system let me know.

Removed based on the please do not post personal information in a public space. You are more than welcomed to follow and send him a Direct Message with the info that was edited.

Hoping to hear some good news soon,

Crystal

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please DON'T POST your personal information on this public forum!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
siss2266
Enthusiast - Level 2

Attached are additional DNS & DHCP events over the last couple of days.  I

haven't heard back from anyone on whether or not my emails have been

received and if the trouble ticket was actually started.  Could you please

at least confirm receipt?  Thank you.

Crystal

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

@siss2266,

Your personal information was deleted from this thread for your security. Please follow us and send me a direct message with your name and number so I can access your account and file the trouble ticket.

Please do not post your personal information in this thread as it will be removed and I will not be able to see the information to file the trouble ticket. If you prefer you can also contact our Technical Support team directly at 800-922-0204 to file the trouble ticket. They are available seven days a week 6am to 11pm CDT.

I look forward to hearing from you.

John B

0 Likes