network extender security
jakeivo

Hello all! I ordered a network extender and set the equipment up properly. All leds are solid blue with the wan flashing showing activity. Call #48 and it says i am on the extender so it works. I log in to my verizon, click plans and services, network extender manage, and then click close access. I save it and it says it is closed. When i type a name and number and then click add contact, it refreshes the page and shows the access setting at open. It will continue to do this if u try to change the setting. I call customer support and they close access it add the numbers i want to the list and it still wont close access. My question is is there a problem with the extender or is it on verizon's end? Let me know what you think please.

0 Likes
Re: network extender security
Wildman
Legend

Have you tried activating the security and input the number all in on situation because this is how I always did my extender without issues...

0 Likes
nsayer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that you cannot "close" the network extender. That is, it will offer service to any Verizon phone in range. The list you can edit on the Verizon site is merely a priority list so that if too many people at once want service you can let your phones have first crack at the slots.

This shouldn't really be an issue unless you pay by volume for your Internet connection (which, for connections that the Network Extender supports ought to be extremely rare here in the US). The amount of data even a fully loaded Network Extender would place on your connection pales in comparison to, say, streaming video from Netflix or the like.

0 Likes
dcifrths
0 Likes