Re: mifi data theft, fraud by verizon class action lawsuit 2012
RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

Ann, I got two emails from Verizon. One saying :"Ann154 would like to add you as a connection."

The other providing me with a link to my actions and notifications page. I clicked it and it showed you with a Reject, Accept, Ignore box. I clicked Accept, waited a bit, then went to the forum, hovered over your profile and it came up with the DM option. I sent you a DM and I am now waiting for you to DM me back so I can see how that part works.

When I sent a requesr to abc123, I only got the first email, not the second email with the link.

Oddly enough the two notifications were 1. You are now following ann154.

The 2. was You are now following abc123.

Thanks for your help, Ann. Wade

0 Likes
RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

You're right Ann. I should have gotten the second notification email from the Verizon system containing the link to my action page. I didn't, but now when I bring up abc123's profile it says awaiting acceptance. I had sent them another "follow" request as soon as I saw I had "un-followed" them. If I don't get a link email, but a notification emai from anyone that wants to follow me, I'll know to go to my actions/notifications page and see what's up. Awaiting my conformation of DM from you. Thanks again, Ann. Wade

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you don't get an email notification of the DM reply, you should check your Communications Tab on the community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

You're right Ann. I should have gotten the second notification email from the Verizon system containing the link to my action page. I didn't, but now when I bring up abc123's profile it says awaiting acceptance. I had sent them another "follow" request as soon as I saw I had "un-followed" them. If I don't get a link email, but a notification emai from anyone that wants to follow me, I'll know to go to my actions/notifications page and see what's up. Awaiting my conformation of DM from you. Thanks again, Ann. Wade

Johnnylove24 I got a Verizon notification that we were following each other, but no link to the actions page so that I can accept. So far every time I have tried to follow someone it has worked in different ways. I went to my actions pace, but I had no actions. I clicked on the notifications and it said I was following you. The only option giving me was "dismiss." I'm thinking that would un-follow you. Maybe you can look at your action/notification page and make a connection. Wade

0 Likes
conzboneeus
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is stealing. Plain and simple. They have changed something so that they can charge overages.

I have never used more than 5G in 4 years. Then in the last 3 months I have used 10,10 and 11G? I have done nothing different my internet habits have changed not at all.

I just logged on this morning went to Yahoo mail, logged off and now have a 40 MG usage. PUHLEEEZE!!! They knwo they are scamming somehow, I know they are scamming somehow, and so do the thousands of people, more everyday, who are starting to realize it.

Sad part is you can complain, write the Attorney General, lawsuit, call your mom, whatever and it will do no good. These companies pay our government billions in taxes, excessive fees, kickback, and god knows what under the table deals for the privilege to bend you over and and have you grab your ankles without fear of being prosecuted or held accountable.

Want to get their attention? DON"T PAY YOUR BILL!!! If your like 50% of all americans your credit is already in the toilet let them go to collections. When 10s of thousands of customers don't pay their ransom fees THAT will get their attention.

Okay, that rant would have made Dennis Miller proud!

RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

I sent you a "follow" request. If you will approve it we can talk off line about your propensity to sugar-coat your thoughts. Wade

conzboneeus
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had Verizon wireless modem for almost 5 years. I have never, ever, in that time, excepting the last 3 months exceeded 5G. Never.

I have not changed my internet habits at all. I don't download music or U tube I am a 55 yr old guy who browses web pages and send yahoo mail.

As of September I have all of a sudden started using about 4 times as much data per month as I had per year in the previous 4 years and 8 months. I logged in today at 5 am approximately, sent one yahoo mail, no attachments not nothing, powered down and went back to sleep. Verizon says that session was 3M. 3 megabytes!

There are thousands or users complaining of the same issue in the lat 6 months. So all of a sudden all of us who never used even close to our bandwidth limit started going nutz on the internet.

Its insulting to ones intelligence to say this is just coincidence or to blame it on hot spots or hackers. I have no hot spot, no mifi, not even a phone. just strictly a data modem. I am going to pay my extra $60 and be done with Verizon. You are not addressing this issue and I am POSITIVE someone at Verizon, probably multiple someones know EXACTLY what is going on and what Verizon has changed. Just not coming clean.

This will catch up to Verizon eventually, but in the meantime I am doing what I can to fight back. Taking my business elsewhere. Good luck collecting your "penalty fee" btw. Maybe whatever you are doing is profitable in the short term, but in the end it will cost Verizon. Stealing always comes back around to get you. Bad karma.

Out.

aurealius
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happened to me: got warning then suddenly went past my 4GB data limit - but like others have reported, it seemed impossible that I could have gone past my limit, especially so quickly.  Verizon was telling me to upgrade to 5 GB so I did for substantial increase in cost.  Then later, I felt just completely duped by Verizon - because I checked my data usage over the past 6-9 months, and I averaged only 1 to 2 GBs per month.  And now they were telling me I went over 5 GB (and in just about a week or less too).  So after I upgraded, I decided that this wasn't right so I contacted them to try to get my original plan back for 4 GB but they said they couldn't because this plan was a promotional one.  Bottom line, this is fraud on their part; the part about my data usage suddenly going up past my limit when I most likely didn't go over my limit. The key here is how do we prove it?  Because, no matter what's in the contract, this is fraud, and if they did this to hundreds and possibly thousands of users, then I'm sure this is could be litigated as a class action suit in at least one or more states.

RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

I got my computer back from a local computer tech and he said my computer was as clean as a factory restored one. He said he did take down a potentially malware-prone tool bar that was o.k. in and of itself, but had back door holes in it. He said it is downloaded with some software. He also said my Advanced System Care Pro was good, but that Windows had a better one for scanning for viruses, Microsoft Security Essentials. He told me it was on the internet for free.

I haven't heard back from Ben in executive assistance/technology, nor from LaShelle. I'll call them tomorrow.

I did speak to a local lawyer's office in North Shelby County. Robin called me and got the information we had been posting on Verizon Community. She took it back to the lawyer and told him. Robin told me while we were talking that they had used Verizon, but when they got a bill for $700 overage, they got another provider.

Robin then went back to talk to the lawyer, but he said he didn't do these types of class-action suits. He did give me the name and 800 number of someone that did. I'll contact them tomorrow. Wade

0 Likes
RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

prettyppam, I got a verizon email to something you had written to on the

Re: Overage Alert!! Verizon Jetpack -?Inviting Trojans in to use your computers? thread.

I clicked on the Verizon-supplied link but got a notice that I wasn't authorized. I'm beginning to think I am paranoid. What? Why do you say that? Wade