Re: mifi constantly disconnects
felix_morariu

It's been months and i still have the disconnection issue. Are you guys still experiencing the drops? Should I call for a replacement?

Felix M.

0 Likes
magicswebpage
Enthusiast - Level 3

i dont think, that the problem i have switched to a evdo card and i keep getting drop... going to report it and  find out .. keep ya posted..

0 Likes
felix_morariu

New Firware 1.35 was released and i hope this fixes the issues

0 Likes
felix_morariu

NOVATEL MIFI FIRMWARE v1.35 IS FINALLY HERE, GET IT ASAP. :smileyvery-happy:

Just loaded firmware v1.35 onto the MiFi. The first thing I noticed is that it has an updated web UI, it is cleaner and more elegant. The second thing I noticed, is that it charges properly and you can turn it off while plugged in and charging (YES!!!). Third and most important thing, it is way, way, way more reliable, hardly any disconnects at all, in a 4 hour period, Hulu streaming on MacBook Pro, Slingbox streaming on iPhone and Vonage call on Blackberry, I used it for 2 hours with no issues. Novatel, thank you, thank you, thank you. I knew eventually you guy would come though. Now this device is working as it should, I am ecstatic at the moment, its like Christmas time already.

If you have not updated your device, download the latest VZ Access manager and it will prompt you to update from 1.25 to 1.35, of go into a VZ store and have them do it for you.

I will do further testing tonight and this week on the disconnects and will let you know if I experience any weird stuff.

Cheers,

Felix M.

0 Likes
najach
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same problem with the mifi when I was at Sprint... (I miss Sprint...) I think it's probably just the device itself. I can't remember the exact model mifi, only that it was silver in color to match Sprint. Still, I do get a lot of disconnects with my usb dongle with Verizon... though what ticks me off is that the access manager insists that I am still connected, or that I have a great connection, or that I've gone dormant (even though I was in the middle of using my connection).

0 Likes
mdrollins83

My Mifi is still using Version 1.25 and it says that i am running in the current version.

0 Likes
mdrollins83

Nevermind.....I had to download the newest version of VZ Access Manager even though mine was a week old.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Anytime you install new computer hardware, the first thing you should do is download available updates.  The hardware and software was probably produced and packaged months ago if not longer.

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

felix_morariu wrote:

It's been months and i still have the disconnection issue. Are you guys still experiencing the drops? Should I call for a replacement?

Felix M.

felix_morariu

Are you running New Firware 1.35?

0 Likes
jasee

I read through all 9 pages of this and went through frustration, then got excited, and frustrated, to hopeful.  I just purchased our family the MiFi a few days ago and experienced the issue with the WiFi connection disappearing.  I didn't do any testing or investigating yet, because from experience I "figured' it was a setting on the portal of the device (hence why I went up and down with frustration reading these 9 pages).

I came from using a PC Card and sharing it between my wife and my laptops.  That worked great but her laptop had to be present and on-- so the MiFi was a sweet concept when I found out about it.

I was used to being able to leave her laptop on all the time and it would be connected and ready (out of dormant mode) when needed, so it was natural for me to plug in the MiFi after I set it up and connect our laptops wirelessly and then forget about it.  I had to reset it once within a idle time-frame away from our laptops for a few hours, and then I found I had to reset it again in the morning when I discovered the wireless connection was gone again from the available networks list.   Resetting would work each time, but one step that is more cumbersome for us than anything.

I plan to check the version of our firmware when I get home from work tonight, and that's where I'm hopeful that it's 1.25 so that there's a chance that the 1.35 update fixes that WiFi connection loss.  Otherwise, I'm well early enough to take it back.

I've been a customer of Verizon's for almost 10 years, and have not had one problem-- literally.   I'm proud to be their customer, and am treated well since I buy cell phones every 3 months almost.  But the tech support communication is a bit disturbing....  It's easy to assume the worse though....

Ok, I'll try to post back when I have had a chance to try the options within this 9 pages of MiFi posts.  Sorry for long post.

0 Likes