jetpack and home network
Ladeda2

The only internet available in my area is via Verizon. I'm using the AC791L jetpack and an unlimited data plan. Aside from the data being throttled after about 7-10 days each month, I have two other big problems. The jetpack is my only home network, so when it is turned off I can't even send a page to my printer in the other room, and I can't communicate between my various devices. The other problem is that I can't connect my Arlo home security cameras. They require communicating through a base station, which is supposed to be connected to a router via an ethernet cable. There is no ethernet port on my jetpack.

Is there a wifi router (with ethernet port) that will also connect wirelessly to my jetpack and work with the jetpack when it is turned on, and as a simple home network when the jetpack is not on?

0 Likes
Re: jetpack and home network
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There might options for the Jetpack, but you would have more options if you had purchased a USB modem and plugged it into a compatible WiFi router for creating a separate Wi-Fi network from the modem.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: jetpack and home network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely understand why this is important to you, Ladeda2, and I want to do what I can to help you. You mentioned that when it is turned off, then you can’t send a page to your printer. When the jetpack is on, does wireless printing work?
As for a device that has a Ethernet cable, consider the Verizon Smarthub. Here’s a help guide for it that shows the Ethernet cable slot.
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211405/
Here’s a link to the FAQs
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/smarthub-faqs/

Let me know if there are any questions that you have.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes