how can i boost the signal i receive in my office
dcutter47

I work in a metal building and get zero to one bar inside and would like to boost

my signal without having to go outside

0 Likes
Re: how can i boost the signal i receive in my office
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Nothing the community can directly do to assist you with this one.  If you are sitting inside a metal box with no reception then no personal or mobile solution is going to work either.  You need a signal to work with in the first place before any kind of personal solutions become viable.

Contact your employer and ask them to explore Verizon cellular solutions for you and anyone else on the network.  There are various options that can be deployed depending on your employers budget and requirements.  This will likely be a project for the IT staff (VZW device), infrastructure (run Ethernet cable) or building maintenance (to mount the device and run GPS cable to the roof or window with good LOS to the sky (or all three in my case).

The easiest solution to explore would be the Network Extender for Enterprise which runs around $3000 and requires both a broadband Ethernet cable and GPS cable connection.  If that doesn't work then they would have to consider a variety of wireless repeaters, amplifiers and antennas to extend the natural cell signals from outside to the inside the building.

0 Likes
Re: how can i boost the signal i receive in my office
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dcutter47, I can definitely understand needing service inside of the building you work in. I had service issues in the basement of my house. I was able to resolve the service issues with a Network Extender. Check it out. http://vz.to/2emTvFh I am confident a Network Extender will resolve the service issues you're having.

JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes