Which mobile USB modem supports ULM290
trubluau

Just upgraded to the Pantech ULM290 and went out and bought the Cradlepoint MBR900 USB mobile modem. Problem is the MBR900 does not support the new ULM290. Does anybody know which USB modem/ wireless router supports the ULM290.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Which mobile USB modem supports ULM290
Not applicable
The Pantech is the modem, the CradlePoint is a router. Go to the CradlePoint web site and you will find which CradlePoint routers support Verizon 4G. You have to download and install a 4G firmware update to the CradlePoint router. Caution...after you do that, your CradlePoint router will no longer work on 3G. They don't yet have a firmware update that will allow the Pantech modem to work on both 3G and 4G.
0 Likes
moorsb

I am using the Cradle Point   MBR1000 and used it previously with the USB760 Modem

I only have EVDO or 3G available.  I am in a remote area in the fringe of 4G.   I have an external antenna mounted 50' up on a tower pointed to closest tower.  I have 85% signal level and it is still slow. 

I have upgraded the firmware on the Router and the firmware on the modem.

The modem keeps dropping the connection.  It takes forever to get connected and then will just drop for no reason.

Before Cradle Point released the latest firmware I was using a laptop as a router and I was connecting via the Verizon software.  It was having the same issues.

0 Likes
SqueakyDuck

I use a Zoom 4501 router and the Pantech UML290 works on it.

The router is only $45 on Amazon ($90 at Staples, go figure). Get rid of that Pantech modem and get the Novatel U760. It's only 3G but it's connection is very stable unlike the Pantech. I had the Pantech and returned it. Too many headaches trying to make it stay working.

0 Likes
Not applicable
Dude, why are you responding to these old threads?
0 Likes