WHY IS 3G SLOW EVENINGS???
z4alltel

:smileysad:

WHY IS MY VERIZON 3G (VIA EVDO MODEM) SLOW SLOW SLOW... SUNDAY THROUGH THURSDAY EVENINGS... 8PM TO 11PM... AND NORMALLY FAST (OVER 1Mbs DOWNLOADS, 700Kbs UPLOADS) all the rest of the week???  i NEVER have slow bandwidth speeds on SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS until late... and WEEKDAYS SEEM TO BE NORMALLY FAST, until the evenings???

I AM CONVINCED THAT VERIZON 3G BROADBAND CANNOT HANDLE THE HEAVIEST TRAFFIC TIMES... WEEKDAYS 8PM-11PM !!!

WHY IS IT THAT SPRINT IS ROLLING OUT 4G AND VERIZON CANNOT KEEP 3G UP ALL THE TIME???

IF YOU "GOOGLE" 3G BROADBAND TESTS COMPARISON BETWEEN SPRINT, ATT, AND VERIZON... YOU WILL FIND SEVERAL TEST COMPARISONS...

AND VERIZON RESULTS ARE ALWAYS WORSE THAN SPRINT AND ATT!!!

:smileymad:

AS I AM TYPING THIS... MY SPEED IS DOWN FROM 3G TO 1XRTT, WHICH IS LESS THAN 10% OF 3G... MUCH SLOWER THAN AN OLD MODEM DIALUP!!!

VERIZON 3G BROADBAND TOTALLY SUCKS!!!

0 Likes
Re: WHY IS 3G SLOW EVENINGS???
jim101

Im almost inclined to agree with you. My speed is never good. Im on a 30 day trial and dont think it warrents the price considering the signal strength and download speeds I get. Usuaally around -94 rssi with an antenna(just the cheep one from the verizon store) with DL at around 200 to 400. Not much to write home about.

0 Likes
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1

In the evenings everyone comes home jumps on the internet and on the phone....the cell tower is at capacity and the network comes to a crawl

0 Likes
z4alltel

no kidding... does anyone know if ATT and SPRINT BROADBANDS crawl to a near stop every weekday evening???   i really don't think so... this is disgusting!!!

0 Likes
rcurl

I was on Hughesnet satellite.  I was getting 600K during the day and 50 K in the evenings.  Same thing you are seeing on Verizon's 3G service.  I just ditched Hughesnet in favor of Verizon because I am getting at least 300K on Verizon during peak usage times (your mileage may vary). 

Of course, it could be that the cell site that I get my service from  is not supporting many other 3G users.

-Rick

0 Likes
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1

Sprint and AT&T are the same if I had to choose I would go with SPRINT, why?

AT&T - you have to deal with all the iphone users hogging up the data on the tower.  All the complaints you hear in the news is not for nothing.

Verizon - well lets see they are the biggest so lots of people on in the evening.  That says it all

Sprint - They run at a higher MHZ most of their towers are fiber and not T-1.   While they do experience slowdowns its not as bad as the other carriers.  They are not the fastest but you can maintain a constant speed with them throughout the day and evening.

Tmobile -  They dont have the slow down issues I use them with my android and cradlepoint router in an emergency.

You can find out more about speeds by going to www.evdoinfo.com

0 Likes
Not applicable

Same here.  I get my best speeds at 6am when all the kids are still in bed and have yet to start texting to all their friends.  I've had Verizon "broadband" for several years now, it's just recently showed painfully slow speeds, so I called Customer Service.  Their answer, that I live in an area with a lot of hilly terrain and "vegetation" (read trees).  Well I can tell you, those trees and hills didn't just show up in the past couple of months!  But that was their escape and they took it.  Bottom line, they don't have enough coverage for the growth they've seen in our rural area.

0 Likes
Slingblade00

How in the hell are you guys getting an upload of .88 I can't get past .20 and thats 6 months of having Verizon service.

0 Likes