Verizon Network Extender
WH_JD

About 10 months ago I purchased and installed a Verizon Network Extender for my home. It worked perfectly with my BlackBerry Storm2 device. Since then, I have purchased and been using a HTC DROID Incredible. This DROID Incredible device does not seem to pick up the Network Extender. I see 0 bars on my cell and I don't get the 'beep' I used to get on my Storm when making and recieving phone calls. I am unable to connect to the Verizon network at all since there is no service signal.

Anyone else seen this issue? Any tips?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Network Extender
Not applicable

Good Morning!

I can help with the Network Extender.

First, when you are making a call while using the network extender, do you hear a double-beep when it first connects? If not, try to disconnect the Power Cord from the Power Outlet for 30 seconds, then re-connect the power cord to the power outlet.
Allow up to 20 minutes for the Network Extender to complete the startup sequence. After that, make sure the firmware on your router is up-to-date (this info should be in the router user manual.)  Also, log in to My Verizon and under the Network Extender, click Manage and ensure there are no errors. 

Let me know if this resolves the issue!

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good Morning!

I can help with the Network Extender.

First, when you are making a call while using the network extender, do you hear a double-beep when it first connects? If not, try to disconnect the Power Cord from the Power Outlet for 30 seconds, then re-connect the power cord to the power outlet.
Allow up to 20 minutes for the Network Extender to complete the startup sequence. After that, make sure the firmware on your router is up-to-date (this info should be in the router user manual.)  Also, log in to My Verizon and under the Network Extender, click Manage and ensure there are no errors. 

Let me know if this resolves the issue!

Thank you!

0 Likes
WH_JD

Thank you for the response, Adam. 

I do not hear the double beep. I am familiar with this beep on my Storm2.

The firmware on my router is up to date. 

The point here is that the network extender worked perfectly with my Storm2. The day I got my DRIOD, the extender worked with the storm, but not with the DROID.

Also, I have tried the unplug thing twice. No dice.

Jason

0 Likes
Not applicable

Please PM me your name, mobile number and contact number so I can help you further. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
emichelson

I am new to this forum, so excuse me if I am not posting in the correct location.

I am thinking about getting one of these network extenders, and have a question;

I travel to europe and have a second home with high speed iternet.

Can I plug in a Verizon wireless network extender, and use my Verizon phone to make calls outside of the US?

Ed

0 Likes
Not applicable

emichelson wrote:

I am new to this forum, so excuse me if I am not posting in the correct location.

I am thinking about getting one of these network extenders, and have a question;

I travel to europe and have a second home with high speed iternet.

Can I plug in a Verizon wireless network extender, and use my Verizon phone to make calls outside of the US?

Ed

Hi there!

Great question! The Network Extender would not work in Europe.

Thank you!

0 Likes