VZAccess Manager Still Running
Allana

Hi All,

I have a Pantech USB modem through Verizon and lately VZAccess Manager (VZA M) has been giving my laptop a fit.  When VZA M closes, it takes about one to three minutes to close and if I try to start a new session without restarting my laptop I get the VZA M "is still running" error message.  I'm trying to keep an open mind about this inconvenience but our usage (the modem is also shared with a desktop which, fortunately, doesn't appear to have this problem) is above average this month already.  I hate to have the 5GB quota eaten up by opening e-mail and project tabs when I don't have to!

Theories:  my laptop has recently been in for repairs and there may be some sort of residual network left over that's causing VZA M issues...perhaps trying to run while the access manager is trying to close?  I recall reading that VZA M doesn't do well with VPN's and I'm curious if that could be the problem.  Both of the computers have also been recently outfitted with Kaspersky 2011 anti-virus software and I wonder if that could also be a factor since it scans in realtime with the internet.  I've tried pausing the sweep while running VZA M but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any ideas would be very, very much appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZAccess Manager Still Running
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

Hi.  I am sorry you are having issues with your VZ Access manager and I will be happy to look into this for you.   Were you having theses issues before you sent the computer in for repairs?  If not, try to uninstall the software completely and reinstall by reloading all of the drivers. 

Check this link for the directions :smileyhappy:

http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=14406&p=null

Please let me know if this works.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

Hi.  I am sorry you are having issues with your VZ Access manager and I will be happy to look into this for you.   Were you having theses issues before you sent the computer in for repairs?  If not, try to uninstall the software completely and reinstall by reloading all of the drivers. 

Check this link for the directions :smileyhappy:

http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=14406&p=null

Please let me know if this works.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Allana

Thanks Kimberly_Nicole (and Natavia)!  Re-installation seemed to do the trick. 

I made certain everything was working properly via Control Panel and then downloaded the newest version of VZAccess Manager from VZAM.  I uninstalled my old version, restarted (just to be safe) and then installed the newest version.  I believe the directions indicated that reinstallation could take place with the CD...but since the CD had picked up an enormous gash somewhere along the line I decided to download the newest version since, either way, I expected to have to download expensive updates.   

And yes, I never encountered the VZA M "is still running" problem prior to the repairs.  I'm thinking that one of the drivers or incidental files was deleted or corrupted during the experience.  Re-installation did the trick! 

Again, huge thanks to Kimberly and Natavia! 

0 Likes
gizmo64

I have the exact same problem.  But, when the laptop is running on AC (not battery) the problem goes away and access manager closes normally.  I have two laptops and it is only a problem on one of them.  I will try the reinstall as well.  p.s. My version was the downloaded one too.

0 Likes