Usage total not agreeing even close to the session logs
RMRoth
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I've been using a USB720 modem for our broadband connection for a few years now. Up to a few months ago our billed usage was always fairly close to the accumulated usage for the account on the Verizon web page. Recently, over the past few months the billable usage numbers are no where near what are reflected on the session logs. Last month the sum of our logs was about 4.6GB and the billable usage on the Verizon site was over 7GB. For a couple months now I've been tracking my use almost daily in an attempt to figure out why the disparate usage and overage. Their Usage numbers are always much higher for each session, every session.

Around the same time it seemed like my account had been hacked (or at least attempted). Twice when I went to log on my VerizonWireless account it told me the account was locked due to too many unsuccessful attempts. The Verizon help desk has been no help at all.

Has anyone else been having similar overages? Our session logs also often reflect an error 3008 which I have found no information on.

Any insights will be greatly appreciated. At the moment I feel like I'm being ripped off and ready to dump Verizon....

0 Likes
Re: Usage total not agreeing even close to the session logs
Not applicable
Sorry, I don't have any ideas for you. I don't think there is any way for someone to steal bandwidth from your USB720 unless you have it installed in an unsecured router. Someone could try to log into your My Verizon account via the internet from any computer just by guessing your account name.
0 Likes
hprestonmoore

I can't help with your question, but can you tell me, a novice, what "session logs" are and how I can access them?  I'd like to check the VZaccessmanager against those, if that's what they make possible.  Sometimes it seems like the access manager is rounding up to the nearest 100M. 

Preston Moore

0 Likes
RMRoth
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good morning,

The session log can be accessed via the VZAccess Manager, click on Options menu header and then Session Log... from the drop down list. The log can then be exported to a spreadsheet file.

0 Likes