Unlimited data for 4G but limited hotspot plan?
d_h

I have unlimited 3G data plan for $30/month and am upgrading to a 4G LTE phone, keeping the unlimited data plan.

I have seen others in the forum mention they have this and unlimited data hotspot for an additional $30/month.

The store reps however have told me (and I've asked a few places) - that if I add a hotspot plan it is 2GB for $30/month.  There is no way to get unlmited hotspot data even if I have the unlimited data plan on my 4G phone.

Is there a way to get unlimited hotspot data plan (before i upgrade w/ my 3G phone or after I upgrade to unlimited 4G phone)?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited data for 4G but limited hotspot plan?
Grothka
Contributor - Level 3

They are quoting the price for the 3G phones, once you actually have a 4G phone you should be able to get the $30 unlimited plan. (Also, the 3G hotspot plan is 2gb for $20/month).

0 Likes
Not applicable

You probably would do better not dealing with a store.  Deal directly with Verizon at *611.  Upgrade from 3G to 4G and immediately call *611 and ask them to reinstate your unlimited data and add unlimited hotspot.  To be safe, I would call them first to verify they can still do it.

0 Likes
d_h

No - this was for the 4G LTE phone  after i upgrade and was told by several stores there is no unlimited hot spot plan you can buy - the hotspot plans are here:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/plan-information/?page=mobileBroadband

They start at $30 for 2GB.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Once the 4G phone is activated, log into your account and see what the options are to add the hotspot. They may have dropped the unlimited option. But online is the only, for sure, way to determine what the options are