Re: Unlimited MIFI
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tedsmith wrote:

There are no unlimited data plans for mifi devices, only grandfathered unlimited data for phones.

There was many years ago an unlimited data plan for 3G mobile broadband devices.  It was discontinued well before the end of 2010 when the 4G network went live.  At in the same press release for this new 4G network, they announced a 4G LTE USB modem that would be available on a couple of tiered 4G LTE data packages.

@Howlz

None of the 4G mobile broadband devices can activated on a grandfathered unlimited mobile broadband data plan.  This policy has been in place since Dec 2010.  You CAN purchase Verizon branded 3G only mobile broadband device and activate it on the old unlimited mobile broadband data plan you have.  You will have to look elsewhere to purchase it.  The 3G models have been discontinued.

If you are with 14 days and you bought the 4G device new from Verizon Wireless, perhaps you can return it.  If it is too late for that, you could try selling it on eBay or Swappa.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

"(The poster that ripped the user for exceeding 80 Gigs of data probably doesn't realize that for some of us, we have no other options for internet. If I want to cut the cord on TV and use services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Instant, I know we will use over 10GB a month. We'd probably use over 10GB a week.)"

That's not really Verizon's problem. It's not Verizon's responsibility to make sure you can "cut the cord". And if you did cut the cord and used those services not only would you be using over 10 GB a week you could use over 10 GB a day. Netflix HD uses up to 2.3 GB per hour so even just 1 hour a day of Netflix could use 16 GB a week. I'm not sure why you think Verizon has this unlimited capacity that they can let everyone use 300GB or more a month. They don't. Not even close and they won't for years.

Trust me I feel for you. I have friends in the same boat, but until our government policies change on broadband were they mandate everyone is able to get a wired connection( and they won't. the cable companies and telecos will see to that )or the government builds out a system themselves( the anti-spending people will see that doesn't happen )the the options for rural people like you are going to be both limited and expensive for the foreseeable future. That's the hard truth and if you want something like DSL or cable you will have to move to an area that offers it. It's not fair, but it is the reality.

ScottLSlade
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have you ever gotten slowed for this, or had repercussions from Verizon?

0 Likes