Sooooooo disappointed with Jetpack 5510L
sfran7

I suppose it's my fault and now I'm stuck in a contract for two years.  I bought this before moving to a rural area b/c I didn't want to pay for cable. I'm in a 3G area right off of the interstate. My smartphone has fine data coverage - not lightening speed but not pulling my hair out either.  Point being, coverage is not an issue.  I'm not that far out in the sticks.

The jetpack gets 4 bars and my laptop picks up the signal right away.  Every other time, there seems to be an issue of my PC saying it's connected but there's no internet access so that's annoying.  Once it's connected, general internet browsing tows the line between "tolerable" and "sloth-like."  Mostly tolerable.  I don't have a need for downloading music (though it'd be nice to have the option) but one of my few pleasure is watching movie trailers.  Last week I tried several clips and it took up to 15-25 minutes to play a 2:30 video.  I went to my local RadioShack and the manager said she's sold several for people in the area and there hasn't been a problem.  It's not lightening fast, but it does the job.  We did the hard reset and she called Verizon and they decided to replace the SIM card.  Got home from work that evening and that didn't seem to help. Walked through some trouble shooting with VZ reps again and then it was decided to send me a replacement device which I got today.  I've just had it set up for a few hours and no change.  Internet browsing is managable (I got here, didn't I?  But we'll see how long it takes to post this message)  Four bars, connected and more than 10 minutes to play a 1:30 long video (probably longer, I stopped trying)

Unless there's some other option that doesn't involve some ridiculous cancellation fee, I guess I'm stuck with this.  Sooooo disappointed Smiley Sad

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Sooooooo disappointed with Jetpack 5510L
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's review all available options sfran7. What zip code are you located in? I understand browsing is ok but, does your phone play videos with out an issue? Does this happen when connected with multiple devices or just your PC? Please share more details so I may further assist. Thank you.

Tominque B.
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Re: Sooooooo disappointed with Jetpack 5510L
sfran7

I'll just start by saying I know you are trying to do your job and I've never had bad customer service from any online or phone representatives but I'm also not in the mood to keep going over this over and over again and have a new person run through the same troubleshooting tips.

The zip is 81635 in a 3g area.  The phone plays videos fine. The jetpack is only connected to my laptop.  And for the last few days I've connected to an unsecure wireless connection with three bars and the speed of music, videos, etc was great.  The other secure wireless connections near me include at least one other jetpack (the user hasn't changed the network name).  And as I mentioned the manager at the RadioShack in town was surprised to hear of the difficulty I was having with this device.  That's it. That's all I know.

0 Likes