Re: Slow connection speeds
easy2no
Well the new USB727 modem speeds didn't last long!!!  After setting up the new  modem and getting connection speeds of 1.2 mbps (d/l) and 234kbps (u/l) I go to upgrade my 07 office suite to the new SP2 upgrade (234mb d/l)...  Half way through the d/l my connection speed drops to 413kbps(d/l) and 112kbps (u/l)...  Now getting speeds of 147kbps (u/l) and 125 kbps (d/l)...  WHAT IS GOING ON!!!  Does Mother V put some type restriction on the line if you have a large d/l???  Anyone have any experience with this type problem????
0 Likes
Not applicable
as this issue is occuring, disconnect the from VZ access manager, then on the vzam tool bar go to options, and run activation. this will update the "roaming" capabilities of the UM150 and pickup the best signal strength in your area.
0 Likes
easy2no

Thanks,

Tried it and said "you ae running the most current version"...  It is now 5:45am on a Sat morning, I have a direct line (and site) to the tower and I am getting 477kbps d/l and 49kbps u/l...  I don't think (at this time of the AM) traffic is playing that big a problem...  Having had good speed after initial install, making one big d/l and speed drops and does not come back up!!!  Either a restriction has been placed on my account or there is some technical problems in the area...  I am gong to make some more test (different areas) next week... Having mobile access while on the go is VERY important for my ability to make $$$... If no improvements I will visit an ATT store....

0 Likes
easy2no
Activation Successful!!!  Green bar strength reading went from 3 to 2 bars, 630d/l, 49 u/l after three test..
0 Likes
easy2no
The saga of "SLOW CONNECTON" continues!!!  After a business trip to Tulsa, Kansas City & Springfield, MO with stops along the way, checking e-mail, I never experienced d/l below 1.3 mbps and u/l of 340 kbps until I arrived home...  My home area offers the blazing speeds of 236 kbps (d/l) and 51 kbps (u/l)...  Can anyone explain this!!!
0 Likes
LukeTech
Contributor - Level 1

It wonder if it could be interference. Do you live in a detached home or apartment building? Here's a cray thoguht... turn off your main breaker or all of the breakers in your breaker box. With everything in your home powered off, try your test again. Of course, this doesn't prove that your neighbors may be interfering somehow. How is signal strength around the neighborhood? Down the street? Heck, drive up to the cell site, park a distance from it (not directly underneath) and test there.

Check VZAccess Manager, Help menu> About VZAcc... Is there an RSSI reading? Lower numbers are better.

0 Likes
sin1505
This sound's like sometype of firewall restriction. You may want to check your firewall setting's.
0 Likes
mretrade
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting comments.  I seem to have the same problem. Last week I was Maui and flew to Scottsdale AZ. No complaints about the card.  When I'm on Mercer Island, Wa.  the card is half the speed of dial-up. I'm only 8/10 of a mile from the cell site. I appreicate VZW letting me out of my contract for the card. But what carrier wants your business with your phone service. 

0 Likes
Jagger-VzW
Contributor - Level 2
Different place (Geographic) will get you different data speed transfer. Additionally, the amount of users on the network at any given time will slow down / speed up the data transfer.  As will many other things... Snow, Rain, Inclement weather etc...
0 Likes