Slow Broadband with USB 720
jandseakin
We've been pretty happy with Verizon broadband, but suddenly, it is painfully slow.  Does the speed improve with different modems, or should the 720 be good enough?  
0 Likes
Re: Slow Broadband with USB 720
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2
If you are using streaming video or anything like that, they may have capped/restricted your speed. Watching streaming video thru your BBA device is actually a violation of your Terms & Conditions w/ the card
0 Likes
brookvalleyfarm
I am curious about this as well because it seems like our connection speeds have constantly gotten worse and I received a call from my wife this morning that she could not connect at all.  I cannot do much about it from here at work, but since she uses our computer and internet for work as well, it is a problem that needs to be fixed as soon as possible. 
0 Likes
Super_Dave
Enthusiast - Level 1
Are you getting any error message when connecting? Are you being disconnected? Do you get good signal? Has anything changed? What speeds are you getting? Does VZAccess Manager say you are connected to "Broadbandaccess Rev-A"? There are a lot of factors to this - you may be best off contacting Verizon's tech support!
0 Likes
jandseakin

Thank you all for your input.   I don't have trouble connecting, but sometimes I do lose my connection.  The main problem though, has been the slowness.  After talking to a Verizon rep, I learned that excessive usage may cause my connection to slow, and time is counted even when I'm not using the internet, but the device is on.   So, I've been careful to disconnect anytime I'm not using the internet, and it has been much better. 

0 Likes
Not applicable
The only cap that should exist is the 5GB if you are on the 59.99 plan. I don't think vzw puts a slowdown on your downloading if you are streaming video, or downloading large files. If you do find your speed decreasing, terminate that session, then on vzan go to options and activation. If there has been any changes made to the towers in your area this will help. you should see an increase in speed from there. If the slow speeds persist call tech support to do a little trouble shooting as you may be going in between the 1X(voice) and the EVDO(data) systems.
0 Likes