Pixel & 4G Network Extender
PAULLANG54655

1. I have two Pixel phones that will only connect when LTE / GSM / UMTS is selected as the preferred network type. On leaving premises, I have to switch back to Global in this rural area to find coverage.

2. Both phones will only connect intermittently.

0 Likes
Re: Pixel & 4G Network Extender
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Congrats on purchasing this awesome new phone PAULLANG54655 .Making sure you connect to the best signal in your area is important to us. I'm sorry you're phone will only connect to LTE manually. This is definitely not the experience we want you to have with this amazing device. Lets check your area. What is your zip code? Have you had issues with signal in your area previous to purchasing this device?

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PAULLANG54655

Zip Code is 54655
Good signal with 3G network extender. Pixel phones would not connect to 3G network extender, which is why I upgraded to the 4G network extender.
Screenshot 2016-11-07 at 07.53.01.pngScreenshot 2016-11-07 at 07.53.21.png

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks for providing us with the zip code and additional details PAULLANG54655. We want to make sure you're receiving the best connection with our services. I show good service in your area and no reported issues. Are you having an issue connecting your phones to our LTE network/towers or your network extender?

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PAULLANG54655

No issue connecting to LTE network when set to Global. Issue connecting to network extender unless preferred network is set to LTE / GSM / UMTS.  There is a weak signal inside the property without the network extender which results in constant dropped calls and poor voice quality. 3G network extender and 4G network extender have good signal.

0 Likes
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I really appreciate all these details, PAULLANG54655. Verizon Wireless uses LTE and CDMA services and not the GSM/UTMS you mentioned. If you use the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207668/ to set your phone to the LTE/CDMA option instead, are you able to not only connect to your 4G extender but seamlessly connect to the cellular network when you leave your house? 

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Magnumrs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!

After spending hours on the phone with Verizon techs to NO AVAIL I decided to contact GOOGLE and they took control of my phone and help solve the issue - surprised??  Not me.

Here's what they did to connect any Pixel phone to a network extender:

Got to SETTINGS

then NETWORK & INTERNET

then MOBILE NETWORK

then ADVANCED

then make sure that ADVANCED CALLING is TURNED OFF

then go down to PREFERRED NETWORK TYPE and change it from Globel to LTE / CDMA

look below that and make sure that WI FI CALLING is turned OFF

That's it!!  I hope this helps the many Pixel owners who haven't been able to connect to their wireless network extender -

Geoff M.

Magnumrs
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not true --- see my earlier post

0 Likes