PT UML290 driver issue with Windows 8
junhc83

Installed the windows 8 consumer preview.  The operating system says there is a driver error for the usb modem.  "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)"  Need an updated driver quick!  Researched online and I'm not the only one with this problem

0 Likes
Re: PT UML290 driver issue with Windows 8
budone
Legend

That is why I do not download Beta OS

0 Likes
junhc83

Well, I do regret installing it.  However, this driver issue is the only problem with Beta.  Everything else seems to work fine.  Judging by what you wrote, I guess there is no way to fix this problem, at least for now... am I correct?  Thanks

0 Likes
DonMannino

I would like to add my request that Verizon work with Pantech to update the firmware and / or driver to make it work with Windows 8.  I use a touchscreen table (Asus EP-121) when traveling, so did a temporary install on a spare hard drive to see how Windows 8 works.  It is great for tablets.

I was able to get pretty much everything else to function perfectly, with a few small glitches.  Understandable with a Beta operating system.  The most serious, though, is that I cannot connect with Verizon because of this driver / device issue.

Windows 8 reportedly will have native 4G LTE drivers when it is released, intended for internal WWAN devices.  So hopefully we can get something updated and working soon - it would be a great help when I travel!

Until then - yep, back to Windows 7 I guess.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

DonMannino wrote:

I would like to add my request that Verizon work with Pantech to update the firmware and / or driver to make it work with Windows 8.  I use a touchscreen table (Asus EP-121) when traveling, so did a temporary install on a spare hard drive to see how Windows 8 works.  It is great for tablets.

I was able to get pretty much everything else to function perfectly, with a few small glitches.  Understandable with a Beta operating system.  The most serious, though, is that I cannot connect with Verizon because of this driver / device issue.

Windows 8 reportedly will have native 4G LTE drivers when it is released, intended for internal WWAN devices.  So hopefully we can get something updated and working soon - it would be a great help when I travel!

Until then - yep, back to Windows 7 I guess.

Verizon has no control on releases by manufacturers.  If Pantech makes it work then Verizon can deliver it.  Windows 8 is a preview and Pantech is more than likely going to wait until the RC phase before doing any major work as beta releases could have major changes which would make you start over because the old code wouldn't work right.

0 Likes
DonMannino

Well, rats, would sure like to use it with the new OS.  I understand what you are saying, though.

Most other hardware works perfectly with Windows 7 drivers.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I have 5 OS's on my computer one of them is windows 8.  There's a lot more things that don't work, but you probably don't have as much stuff as I do.  I actually can't load 2/3 of my software due to compatibility.

0 Likes