Network Extender Outage ?
Bobsal

Woke up this morning to flashing Red SYS light.  Steady flashing most of the time, then rapid flashing like it is trying to establish a connection.   Alternates between the two states.  Been doing it for at least 3 hours now that I know of.  All other lights are blue as normal.

Anyone else having problems?

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender Outage ?
pdmcclure

Yes, having troubles here in RI. My Network Extender worked fine last night.

It looks like Verizon may have done some type of upgrade.  My firewall started denying traffic from the Network Extender to Verizon using port UDP/10162 around 2AM local.  In looking back at my logs, I've not seen traffic to that port before.   I've updated my firewall to allow that traffic, but things still aren't working as of 10:10AM EDT.

0 Likes
nhdad

Same here up in NH.  I love this device, but it gets old with some of these weird issues...

0 Likes
Bobsal

Since you mentioned the UDP, I checked my router logs.  This message started appearing about 8 hours ago:

Blocked outgoing ICMP packet (ICMP type 3) from 192.168.1.93 to 69.78.95.193

192.168.1.93 is the network Extender.   I assume that 69.78.95.193 is some address at Verizon (which, I guess, is currently unreachable).

0 Likes
Brewsky3486

It's out here in New Jersey as well fyi

0 Likes
collette

Out in Utah also. 

0 Likes
User202

Out here also on Long Island, NY.  Spoke to VZW Network Extender customer service and they stated that it was a nationwide outage with no known estimated time to back in service.

Hopefully since it affects all Network Extenders, the problem will be fixed sooner rather than later.

0 Likes
SoCal_GT

Service is out in Southern CA too!

This has happened to me twice before - both times the support line proved to be completely worthless and within days the service was restored. Let's hope this recent outage wouldn't take that long...

0 Likes
kujoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem in Florida. This is the issue i posted earlier. Sys light flashing.

0 Likes
imaref

Mine went down (in Maryland) late last night. It came back on at 12:30PM today but went back down ten minutes later.

0 Likes