Network Extender Issues
jstuart91

I bought a Network Extender last week to help with the constant dropped calls I get within my house and have been having a pretty serious issue with it. The issue that I am having with mine is that I am able to recieve calls, but not make them with the extender. I've already had the extender replaced, however that did not fix it.

When I try to make a call while in the network extender area, the phone dials the number and never connects. After about 40 seconds of sitting on the dialing screen, a pop up window opens stating "The network is busy, please try again later." While the phone is attempting to dial, the network light on the extender does not flash or give any indication that a call is being made. This happens dialing #48, *228, as well as any normal phone number.

The recieve side of the extender seems to be working great. When recieving calls I get the beeps right when I answer like I should, and the call quality is great with no dropping of calls like I usually have without the extender.

The first thing I did was double check that the MAC address showing in My Verizon matched the one on the unit, which it did, and that I had listed my phone under the priority users. When that didn't work I did *228 option 1 and 2, which was no help either. Then I called tech support and working with tech support we have tried cycling power to the extender, router, and modem. Tried plugging the extender directly into the modem. I've also tried making calls with the data network disabled, rebooting the phone, and last night I even did a factory reflash of the phone to make sure no app I've installed was interfering with the connection to the extender. Nothing has worked.

If anything knows of anything that might get it to work, it would be greatly apreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender Issues
wat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone having Network Extender outages today?  Steady red "sys" light.  All others blue.  In northern WI.  Thanks.

0 Likes
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

My SYS light is alternately blinking and flashing. I have NO SERVICE with my cell! Am currently on hold with Verizon Tech support -- listening to inane music and sales pitches but no tech. Time I'll never get back.

0 Likes
cecillamb

Same here :smileysad:

0 Likes
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

After 19.6 minutes!!!! , I finally talked to a Verizon tech. He said the problem is nationwide and does not know when it'll be resolved. I live in a depression ( not the Obama one but an actual low spot ) , so I have no service while this is going on. If my landline goes down I'm toast.

0 Likes
smattos

Same issue here in the Charlotte, NC area.  BTW OldPilot you mistakenly said "...live in a depression (not the Obama one..." when I'm sure you meant to say "(not the one cased by former President Bush..."

0 Likes
magicalstephie

I live in the UP and have the flashing red sys light.  I've noticed this happens every time it rains which is ANNOYING since it's the only way I can make phone calls.

0 Likes
griffithja

Same "Flashing Red Light of Death to All Calls" here in Sunny California. I hate it when gizmo's don't work. So, is this what it's like to be an AT&T customer? Dropped calls and bad service?

0 Likes
thegreers17

I'm having the same problem with my Network Extender here in Vermont, USA.  I unplugged it completely, and reinstalled it, and everything lights up and turns blue, except for the system light, which is flashing red.

Unfortunately I cannot call customer service, because the only phone I have is my cell phone, and without my Network Extender I can't call.  Does anyone know if this is nationwide?  And, how long is it going to take to fix this problem?  Today?  Tomorrow?

Thanks everyone!

0 Likes
griffithja

Per "OldPilot" it is nationwide and they don't know when it will be fixed.

0 Likes