Re: Network Extender Issues
TedL

Just to add another data point.  I bought a network extender last Monday.   Couldn't make it work.  Talked to tech service once and exchanged several emails.  None of the suggestions or those I found on-line or in the literature worked.(I tried putting the antenna both on the ceiling -- second story -- or in the window, north, unfortunately.)   Never got GPS acquistion.  I even had to buy a new DSL modem when I fried my old one trying to update the software in case that was the problem.  I'm in a western Minneapolis suburb with Qwest for DSL.  ISP is Onvoy -- static IP.  I tried taking it over to my son's (he has Comcast cable internet) and it sort  of worked -- got three blue lights, but sys light stayed red.   (or maybe it was blinking red.)  I've tried connecting it both via my router and directly to the DSL modem --  even with DMZ turned on.  No luck.   What is especially frustrating is that the lights aren't terribly helpful and there's no web or telnet interface to ask it what's going on.    The WAN light only shows the ethernet connection is good; nothing about the internet.  There doesn't seem to be anything to indicate it's successfully talking to the Verizon servers, so I have no idea whether my problem is the GPS signal, something in my connection (like something being blocked), or Verizon's network.    The only bright spot is they let me return it without paying the stocking fee.  I may try again when the new one comes out.

Ted

0 Likes
hydroguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have just recently got a Network Extender and it does not seem to be working correctly. I don't get dropped calls, but the audio drops in and out while on a call. I never had this problem before installing the Network Extender. I do get more bars of signal but that does no good if the audio is inconsistent.

Anybody else experienced this? or  have a solution?

0 Likes
Bern

I purchased my Network extender last summer and began having the problem reported by Hydroguy last week, i.e. the first week of March 2011.

Have any solutions been published?

0 Likes