Need opinions to regain my desktop icons and bottom taskbar on desktop HP mini1000
Boyhowdy120
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I start the computer it will boot up normally with the desktop icons and taskbar for about 5 seconds then will completely disappear, with only the factory wallpaper scene.

If I hadn't preset the vzmanager to automatically start and connect on startup, then launch the browser, the comp. Would be totally useless. I have to bring up the task manager,(cntrl-alt-dlt) to shut down the PC.

Any suggestions?!?!

Thanks for reading.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need opinions to regain my desktop icons and bottom taskbar on desktop HP mini1000
Boyhowdy120
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, contacted HP tech support at 800-474-6836 and was told to restart computer pressing F6 until roxio restore program came up, reverted to an earlier saved state of the computer and restarted and now everything is fine and working properly.

I could even understand the techie!!

Problem solved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Need opinions to regain my desktop icons and bottom taskbar on desktop HP mini1000
Boyhowdy120
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, contacted HP tech support at 800-474-6836 and was told to restart computer pressing F6 until roxio restore program came up, reverted to an earlier saved state of the computer and restarted and now everything is fine and working properly.

I could even understand the techie!!

Problem solved.

0 Likes