Re: My view on 5 gig data plan in the New Mobile world
Macriver
Enthusiast - Level 3
It should say the Macintosh Verizon access manage is somewhat different from the Vista version.
0 Likes
Jagger-VzW
Contributor - Level 2
Sorry, but it is what it is... We had to move from Unlimited to 5 GB... as there is just not enough bandwith for everyone to have unlimited data.  Customer data trending and analysis were conducted for months and the 5GB plan was what was best for most people.  While you could move to Sprint you may have issues getting any service as so many people are in the data pipeline and it is a fixed amount that can be in there at any one time.
0 Likes
junglejim300

Very disappointed with this service first month I was over by 800mb,Im on the 8th. day of my second month and im allready at 2.8gb.

just realized this is because I like youtube.for 59.00 a month I have to watch my daily limit.i thought is was going to be a cool service but not if all I can do is check e-mail,bank accounts and maybe the days headlines.

{keep it courteous}

Message Edited by WendyM on 06-23-2009 11:21 PM
0 Likes
Macriver
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not happy but its internet. Where I live its all there is beside dialup. ts about 170 megs a day. Its like a two lane highway. You can always get up to speed but the more cars the slower the traffic. I like youtube also but youtube can really eat up some bandwith. I'm at the 11th day of 30 days and have used 1.32 gig.and one can still watch youtube video's but not all day and night.

http://www.evdoinfo.com/content/view/846/63/

0 Likes
w4csc

I just found the forum, so pardon me if I'm supposed to act like I love Verizon and I don't.

I'm an Alltel data customer in Charleston, SC, being taken over by the Borg next month.  Alltel has never complained of my data usage, which always exceeds 5GB/month.  We have (had) truly unlimited service and their reps would say so.  I'm paying $25/mo for tethered (bluetooth to my Nokia N800 Linux tablets and USB to my Samsung NC10 netbook with Alltel Quicklink software).  I've asked 6 Verizon reps and gotten 6 different answers as to what is to become of my data connection once the Borg assimilate us.  Many other Alltel data customers have had similar experiences from "nothing will change" to a nasty "your data is an addon plan we can do anything we want to with as it's not part of your Alltel contract".

Do you have any information in between these two limits?

Luckily, in Charleston, I can simply dump it all and go to Cricket.  I'm using a Cricket USB modem to a broadband router which creates a hotspot whereever I am and can simply churn to that if my data plan is trashed by the Borg.  My condolences to others who cannot.

0 Likes
poetrydiva

I would like to agree with w4csc.  I am also one of those Alltel customers who was assimilated by the Borg.  We just bought a new package with Sprint today and are waiting the 2 - 4 days to receive the new card.  We can handle the 5 GB limit but could NOT handle the worse than slow dial-up connection that we have been almost consistently getting since the merger.

We are still under the Alltel unlimited plan but it does us no good at all if we can't use it because of the stupid lack of speed!  Not to mention the fact that there is only one VZW tower in our area so all the VZW traffic is being routed through that one tower.  There are 3 Sprint towers within a 10 mile radius of us and 2 of them are less than a mile away with guaranteed connections of 600kbps DL and 400kbps UL.

We do not stream anything and very rarely download large files.  The only thing my husband does other than email is one multiplayer online game that only uses about 50 kbps upload and download within several hours.

0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3
How does a comment by a VERIZON employee make this issue "SOLVED?"  ROFLMAO
0 Likes