My "Jet Pack" MIFI does not stay connected, though it shows good signal. I pay too much for this service if it's to be spotty!!!
danwalker

Why is it that most days, my MIFI will connect when just rebooted, but then will kick out and not have service (usually after just a few minutes)? If restarted, it will once again be connected to the internet for a while, sometimes just another few minutes, sometimes for hours. This is very frustrating and is NOT what I'm paying you for!

0 Likes
Re: My "Jet Pack" MIFI does not stay connected, though it shows good signal. I pay too much for this service if it's to be spotty!!!
renodemo

I experience this problem on a regular basis.  Bars indicate "excellent" strength but it still cuts out periodically.

0 Likes
Re: My "Jet Pack" MIFI does not stay connected, though it shows good signal. I pay too much for this service if it's to be spotty!!!
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello all,

Please specify which Jet Pack model you have for us so we can provide some suggestions.  There are many experts here who are willing to share what has been learned.

danwalker wrote:

This is very frustrating and is NOT what I'm paying you for!

P.S. This is a user to user forum, anyone can respond to the threads posted here.  VZW might chime in from time to time but if you are looking for a direct mode of communication there are better ways.  Addressing VZW directly just sounds funny and does not garuntee a response.

Check out Verizon's Contact Us website for more info: 

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/index.jsp

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

danwalker,

Good afternoon!

I know the Jetpack is an important piece of communication equipment. What make/model of Jetpack do you have? Many things may be causing the Jetpack to disconnect like idle time, security software, etc. When did you first notice it disconnecting? Do you try to keep it connected constantly or only when you are using at the time? On the back or side of the Jetpack, there is an option to 'Reset'. Using a small pin or paperclip, press this button to reset the device. While powering on, please power your computer off and on. When both devices are both back up, please perform an initial connection to ensure the connection stabilizes. Please let me know more information if this does not address your concern.

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzhater
Enthusiast - Level 2

Danwalker,

I honestly don't know if any other services are any better (I have "4G" on my ATT phone and it seems a tad flaky also) but what you are experiencing wth Verizon has been going on since December 2010 when they launched.  I fought it for close to a year trying every device Verizon offers and finally just gave up and accepted it.  (The bite to the story is that now the device I ended up with (jetpack 4510) is actually failing electronically but they jumped at chance to say warranty is up now and won't even try to troubleshoot anything)  There is no solution for this other than just resetting the device when needed and living with the disconnects.  I did actually get an answer from two different techs (I was calling in every few days for about 6 months) that said they know there is a network glitch causing the disconnects but their focus is on expanding the network to get the subscriber base, then they will work on the infrastructure problems after that. Don't know if that is true or just some frustrated techs but there is obviously a flaw with the network and it's obviously not fixed yet.

Sorry for the pain but we all know the feeling,

Delos

0 Likes
rojoyinc

I have never had this happen yet.  Service is amazing.  Speed test shows 30mbs download. It's been amazing.  However, the sales person read my account wrong.  Told me I used 6gb a month, when in fact I use 60gb a month.  Because of this they,re taking it back and ordered me a 3G hot spot.  Boo hoo. But no decent affordable 4g plans for people that really use data.

0 Likes
tjgutmann

I live in western NY and have exactly the same problem. It has become incresingly more frustrating over the last couple of weeks. The worst times are late afternoon, evenings and weekends. Must be all the phone activity during that time period that drags done the broadband system. VZ needs to boost capacity. Let them know!

0 Likes
notpc

Have you already tried taking the battery out? That usually works for me...

0 Likes
chicki415

I've been fighting with Verizon about this problem since December.....6 devices and 3 SIM cards later and we still have a problem. I'm about to file a complaint with someone, I, too, pay too much for a service I am not getting.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Chicki415 you said you have Changed 3 Sim cards at any time when changing the Card did Hold the Card by it's Edges A Sim Card is Very Fickle why you may ask the Gold Area of them is Sensitive to Static Electricity and the the oils in our fingers and touching one can almost render them useless it's like taking a Magnet and sliding it Across the Strip of a Credit Card. It's just a Suggestion but you might try a new one.. And pulling the Batteries might help as well..b33

0 Likes