My MiFi 4510L connectins
jakkson

My MiFi 4510L shows two constant connections that I can't identify. How can I configure my MiFi 4510L so that it only allows my laptop and Ipod to connect? I want to be able to monitor the amount of usage per device.

0 Likes
Re: My MiFi 4510L connectins
Dipnet
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having I think the same issue . I live way out in the country no one has my password or key . I do have a strong signal 4 bars . Thye issue I am having is the hotspot will show a dot on its little screen even when no one is connected or on line . I dont know the answer maybe someone does ?

dannyh5161
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue and over the past two months I have noticed a large increase in our usage. I have contacted Verizon but have not heard anything back from them as of yet.

0 Likes
D_Art

I have my wireless router connect to a 4510L as a wireless repeater/bridge.  The router bridges a wired network which includes a directv receiver to the MiFi.  The address of the router does not appear in the LAN "connected devices" list for the MiFi 4510L but the router IS connected to the MiFi,  a dot indicates the connection and data can be transferred through the router without the MiFi showing that it has ever assigned an address to the router . The router is assigned the first available address by the Mifi DHCP. I'd start by checking what address is being used by your known wireless connections and see if it is the first available (ie. 192.168.1.2).  If it is some unexpected higher address then it may indicate another device is using a lower address. I've never bother to try and figure out why the connection appears hidden.

0 Likes