My HTC One Max signal drops on Samsung network extender
Curby

My HTC One Max signal drops on Samsung network extender  when I make a call after about a minute the bars drop to 1X and I am unable to hear the other person very well.  We also have an iphone 4s with Verizon that has the same setup and it works great with the extender.  There aren't any issues with the internet router, bandwidth when it happens.  How do I resolve this? It seems linked to my HTC Max One.

0 Likes
Re: My HTC One Max signal drops on Samsung network extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Curby

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing on  your HTC One Max when connected to your network extender! I'd love to get to the bottom of this. Is your phone having any trouble when away from the extender? Has the phone number attached to your HTC One been added to the extender's Whitelist? http://vz.to/1j1fBw1

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Curby

Hello,  My phone works fine away from home.  It is only an issue with the network extender.  I have just received a replacement phone from your support that is a reconditioned HTC one max phone and it is also happening with this phone.  At this point I have spent many hours with your support and no one could find a resolution.  It appears that it just isn't working with this phone model.  It works with the IPhone 4S and will only work with the IPhone 6 when the LTE is turned off when in the house.  I paid full price for this phone because that is what has to happen in order to keep unlimited data.  I then had to pay for a network extender just to get a cell phone signal in my house since there are trees around my house.  I have had this phone since the end of March and I have been unable to use my cellphone in my house since September. I can't really call since, my phone won't work at home.  The phone works fine and the IT support verified that everything is functioning correctly with the network extender.  Please let me know what Verizon will do to rectify these issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Curby,

I appreciate the extra information. Have we added the Network Extender to your account? This way it will register with your phones?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Curby

The extender has been registered to my account.  The phone number for both phones/lines have been added to the extender.  The extender works with both the IPhone 4S and the IPhone 6.  The IPhone 6 required that LTE be turned off when at home otherwise the same thing happened with the calls dropping.  Your technical support determined that the problem was with the HTC one Max phone.  I've spent many hours going through troubleshooting the internet speed settings & router settings.  The extender does show on my phone with the house and it beeps before a call goes through but drops after 1 minute. Another issue is that I just discovered is that the replacement that Verizon sent is also faulty.  It didn't resolve the issue that is occurring with the compatibility with the signal extender and it won't even stay on for more than a few hours before shutting down.  The battery time is significantly shorter than my HTC that I just sent back and all of the settings are the same. I now have a replacement HTC which doesn't work at home with the extender or anywhere else for very long.  It was my understanding that the replacement was supposed to be as good as new which it isn't.  I also paid full price for the HTC to keep my unlimited data.  I'm not sure about even keeping my Verizon since I can't even use my cellphone.  I have spent a lot of money (signal extender+full price of phone) to not have a working cellphone.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Curby,

I am so sorry to hear that you are still having issues after the replacement of the device. The extender should provide you with peace of mind not problems. When you dial #48 from your HTC device while at home with the extender does it give you a recording that you are connected? Are you connected to wifi when placing the calls while using the network extender? If you go to Settings>Mobile Data>Preferred Network, what is it set to?

In regards to the battery issue, how long does the battery last after a full charge? Are you using the manufacture charger with the device?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes