Multiple Network Extenders on one network
scottl

Is it possible to use more than one Network Extender on the same LAN? The Network Extenders' ranges would not overlap.

Thanks!

Scott 

0 Likes
Re: Multiple Network Extenders on one network
Derizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue is more with wireless interference.  Multiple Femtocells in one house is not recommended. 

You could not walk from one zone to another and have the call transfer from one NE to the other.  Once you've established your call thru one of the NE's, you must finish the call on that same NE.

Technically, it should be possible to hook two NE's on the same LAN - they're just going to acquire two different DHCP addresses from your router and create two different tunnels to the server.   That said, you may have an issue if Verizon is somehow using your publicly visible IP address to register your NE to your household. 

...or, just get the 2nd NE and try it.  You've got a 15 day trial period to return it if it isn't working the way you need it to work.

0 Likes
Re: Multiple Network Extenders on one network
scottl

Got a second Network Extender and hooked it up. It looks like it works fine except that once a phone is connected to one Network Extender, it will not register a signal (no bars) coming from the other one, even though it seems to picking up a signal from it. After turning the phone on and off, I get bars from the other device. So overall, I would say it works about as I expected it to.

Thanks!

Scott

0 Likes