Re: Mobile broadband needs to be unlimited
lolive365

if it doesn't go to unlimited in 3 months then I will be paying the ETF and going to sprint and getting their unlimited.

I was in a crunch and needed to get online THAT day so that I could teach (I teach online). I will have no problem shelling out the 200 bucks to terminate this crap.

its ridiculous.

when is the 4g coming out so i can be on the lookout?

0 Likes
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1

Before anyone jumps ship to Virgin Mobile I would recommend looking at this forum....speed is a big drawback for me.  

http://www.evdoforums.com/thread14182.html

0 Likes
wildon883r

Doing the 120 bucks using two modems/accounts is very unreasonable and outrageously pricey. What i don't understand is why Verizon keeps pushing media use on their phones. They advertise all it can do without telling people they won't be able to do much of what they advertise with current bandwidth caps. Most movies are 650mb or better. American greed is why China is the worlds biggest supplier.I wouldn't be suprised if one day a Chinese ISP ends up in the USA offering great speeds at fair prices putting the big 3 out of business someday. sheesh. We are not getting fair price for usage and thats all we really want.

0 Likes
lolive365

I'm not going virgin I'm going sprint 4g - they have an unlimited plan for 10 bucks less. And I decided to return this in 30 days and go do that :smileywink:

0 Likes
Phil97302

Verizon needs to keep up with the market.  We use our laptop for most everything, including 

TV.  If they can't go limitless then move in that direction and fast.  We are looking for alternatives.

Even though we like verizon's coverage we are looking.  We don't like the limits and certainly don't like the overage charges.  Which as others have pointed out, they make money on.  Well they won't make money if I'm not with them.

By the way, does anyone from verizon look at this, or are we flapping our fingers in the wind?

0 Likes
KidFromHawaii

i think i might too

0 Likes
biker_mike

5 Gig is fine for a laptop walking around, but I live out in rural USA, no DSL, no cable, so my air card is my  prime internet connection unless I use dial up, 5 Gig is not enough for today's needs, and wow  can't even use " back up my hard drive" on line services. And keeping windows up date and all other software updates,,, 5 Gig is too small

0 Likes
dimap
Contributor - Level 1

The funny thing is, VZW has sat on these prices and caps for 3 YEARS now, and they won't budge on 3G pricing. If you think $60/mo for 5 Gig is bad, the $40/mo for 250 MEG is the worst value for dollar on anything I have ever seen in my life, but VZW still sits on it and rakes in the bucks while prepaid offers better value if not the reliability. VZW CEO says tiered pricing on 4G is coming in 4-6 months, I shudder to think what that will actually translate to in value for dollar. And their lobbyists kick the FCC around screaming for a "hands-off" policy for wireless net neutrality. It's quite apparent why, looking at these outrageous prices. If we are ever to get net neutrality and fair consumer pricing on wireless service in this country we are going to have to adopt the European regulated model which is far superior to our corporate-controlled "free market" system.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I don't mind paying $60 a month or more if I'm getting what I pay for.  I only get "broadband" at 6am.  Anything much later than that and I'm competing with all the little kids texting their friends all day long.  My speeds in the evening are WORSE than dialup, it's literally painful.

0 Likes
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1

you can trick the system by unplugging the modem and then reconnecting it will start you at the top tier again.

0 Likes