Mifi 4620L SIM unlock?
clubtech5

Is the MiFi 4620L SIM unlocked for use outside the US with HSPA GSM networks?

I know some of the verizon global phones can be used with foreign sim card outside the US and wanted to check if this was the case for the 4620L as well.

Tech support is not sure if it is SIM unlocked. One person said that all their global devices are unlocked for use outside the US and another tech support rep said that it won't work and then states he is not sure and will need to look into this further.

Anyone have any solid info?

0 Likes
Re: Mifi 4620L SIM unlock?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

From the specs, it appears that the Mifi 4620L has the necessary radio bands to work overseas on the GSM network. I would suggest calling Global Services under the customer support number at 1-800-922-0204.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
clubtech5

Thanks. I called and they don't have any knowledge if the mifi is SIM unlocked or not.

I was hoping maybe someone from VZW will be able to reply here.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is likely that it is not currently unlocked. Verizon sells their global ready devices as SIM locked. You have to requested that it be SIM unlocked and you have to meet certain requirements before they will approve the request.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JonDough

The paperwork that came with mine states that it is shipped locked, but that you need to call Global Services in order to unlock it prior to use.

0 Likes
clubtech5

JonDough, can you refer me where in the paperwork this is written so i can contact Global Services and point this out to them? i could not find this anywhere.

0 Likes
JonDough

Verizon Brochures Part #

90026536R.2 "Global Suppport Instructions & Calling Card

90026577 R1 "Important Info about Global Roaming

Settings & Charges" also states that data roaming

charges can be as high as $20 / MB

best of luck!

0 Likes
clubtech5

I have 90026536R.2 in the box that was shipped to me and it doest say anyhting about SIM lock status or VZ unlocking it.

I don't 90026577 R1 in mu shopped box. If its not too hard can you please quote the exact text you see about SIM lock status and VZ unlocking it?

0 Likes
pollix11
Contributor - Level 1

I would call *611 and ask to xferred to global tech. Customer Care might give you some kickback at first but just ask them nicely to xfer you, Global tech will know exactly whats up with your issue.

0 Likes
JonDough

90026577 R1

"Please Note: If you plan on traveling and using

this device internationally, Global Data Roaming

may be currently set to OFF on your

device. Please turn Data Roaming ON. To learn

how, please refer to your device user guide at verizonwireless.com/support."

90026536R.2 The first sentence: To have the best

possible global wireless experience while roaming

outside the US...you must subscribe to a global