Mifi 2200 and Brother MFC7840V
judithd

I have a similar issue to others posted.  I'd like to use my Brother MFC7840V wireless all-in-one with my Verizon Mifi2200.  When I called Brother, I spoke with 2 different individuals who said that this wan't possible, but their explanation was somewhat beyond my comprehension.  In reading the other posts, it appears that a Pepwave Surf Mini might help out, and so I put one on order.  I would be very grateful for any help you can offer.  It's not even important that the Brother works perfectly; the main criteria right now is to find a solution which doesn't necessitate keeping my high-buck business internet service.  Thanks so much.  --Judith

0 Likes
Re: Mifi 2200 and Brother MFC7840V
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Judith,

I'm not familliar with that particular printer model but a quick glance at the User Guide tells me that it should be compatible with the MiFi 2200.  All we have to do is establish a connection somehow.  Your Brother printer should be able to connect wirelessly to your your MiFi, directly to your computer as an Ad-Hoc network or over Ethernet cable via the Pepwave Surf.

Brother 7840 network setup guide:

http://www.brother-usa.com/ModelDocuments/Consumer/Network%20Users%20Manual/NUM_MFC_7840W_EN_3016.pd...

What I would try first is working on the wireless connection between your MiFi and your printer.  Try lowering the wireless mode on the MiFi to B+G only.  Make sure your printer can atleast see the signal of the MiFi first, then if you are still having problems connecting you can lower the wireless security options on the MiFi.

Let us know if you need the specific steps.

0 Likes
Re: Mifi 2200 and Brother MFC7840V
judithd

Thanks so much for your reply.  Yes!  I would love more specific steps.  In particular, information on how to lower the wireless mode on the MiFi to B+G would be very helpful.  I have the Pepwave ready to go  --Judy

0 Likes