MiFi bad experience
Jared4x4

I wish Verizon would have never sold me this device!! I wish they would make it more clear the limitations of the amount of data, and to make it clear not to use this for home internet.  I should have researched how many GB it takes to download a movie, but have ended up boosting verizon stock bigtime by how much it cost me to watch a movie I downloaded on Apple TV. 

I am also disappointed that Verizon is not able to work with me on the disconnection fee, based on my situation, and having explained to the Verizon store what I had planned on using it for.  They need to ask each person if they plan on using it for home use, and make sure they are only checking websites or email. 

In summary I have spent hundreds of dollars for watching 1 movie.  Bummer.  Especially being a phone customer for several years.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MiFi bad experience
Not applicable

Good Morning!

We have several ways to check the data usage on your account. We give the information on data allowance. Knowing that its not an 'unlimited' data situation, the customer is responsible for monitoring the data used as well as educating themselves on how they use the data. 

We would recommend the 10GB plan for an online gamer because it's our highest usage plan and we know online gaming rakes up the data. We cannot determine how much gaming a person will be doing. Again, this is why we give our customers the resources to monitor their usage.

We have a data calculator on our website that is there so you can estimate the amount you may use in one month.  I recommend, if you are on a 5GB plan or lower and find you will likely be over the allowance, to change the plan to a higher tier.  If done within the bill cycle, the plan CAN be back-dated to cover the overage.  

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jared4x4

Sorry for the RANT!! but just really bad taste in my mouth from this one....especially because I started downloading the movie one night on 3G, then went and bought the 4Glite for another 100+ dollars, and then get rung up for 100+ data, and now 175 for cancelling.  Going broke!

would have been cool if this worked out, only using verizon for internet and phone.  Wish Verizon would set up a service for home internet.

0 Likes
cuteangelmother
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem.  I specifically asked if the 10 G plan would be best for online gaming and watching movies, downloading music, etc.  I was told it was plenty.  Then we used 5 G in 6 days!!!!! I wish we had never gotten it and now I am locked in for another 23 months.  I am very disappointed.  I will never recommend Verizon to anyone.

Not applicable
Ignorance is bliss.
0 Likes
Not applicable

Good Morning!

We have several ways to check the data usage on your account. We give the information on data allowance. Knowing that its not an 'unlimited' data situation, the customer is responsible for monitoring the data used as well as educating themselves on how they use the data. 

We would recommend the 10GB plan for an online gamer because it's our highest usage plan and we know online gaming rakes up the data. We cannot determine how much gaming a person will be doing. Again, this is why we give our customers the resources to monitor their usage.

We have a data calculator on our website that is there so you can estimate the amount you may use in one month.  I recommend, if you are on a 5GB plan or lower and find you will likely be over the allowance, to change the plan to a higher tier.  If done within the bill cycle, the plan CAN be back-dated to cover the overage.  

Thank you!

0 Likes
tomr46
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was notified that a couple of days into the new billing period, we already had 4.5 gigs of usage!

I was warned when I purchased that streaming movies would use about a gig per movie. But watching evening news a few times a week and an episode of Office apparently did it, unless I am missing something.

I thoroughly agree with the assessment that truth in the sales process needs work! If I could return my mifi, I would.

0 Likes
fashn4me
I have the same problem. But I got mine at bestbuy and I was misinformed. No one told me there was a 5gb limit and the guy asked me if it was for movie downloading, which I said yes. Then I look online and see I went over 17gb in the first week! And it's not even really $50 cuz all the crap they add. It's actually $100. I wish I could cancel it but it's only been two weeks.
0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

The 5GB plan is 50.00 per month.  Your first bill will be higher because there is a device cost of 50.00 plus an activation fee.  After your first month your bill would go down to the normal rate assuming you dont have more ovarages.

You should be able to cancel out of your MiFi within the two weeks with no problems.  That is actually the only time you can get out without a early termination fee.  Talk to a Verizon Rep and have them explain your options.  You will still have to pay your overage fees even if they wave the early termination.

0 Likes
JrRerun
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes but to go with a package over 5G to 10G costs $80 a month.  I regret going with this MiFi.  Verizon really sticks it to you with the overage charges.  I can't believe I bought this??   I should have stuck it out with Comcast or another wireless provider.  Now with streaming becoming more popular I just can't see myself staying with the MIFi.  I dropped it down to 5G to avoid monthly costs but now I am more concerned about overage charges.  It's not worth it.  I have to bite the bullet and pay cancellation charges.  I will consider going with AT&T just because this bad experience of charges and limits.  This is coming from a loya customer for 6 years.