MiFi affecting available wireless networks
JJBBBBB

Any ideas why my home wireless network disappears from "available wireless networks" in both Windows and VZacess Manager after connecting wi-fi thru the MiFi 2200?

My home wireless network is still available and working to all my other computers other than the one I'm connecting to MiFi 2200.

All neighboring networks both secured and unsecured continue to show up as available.

I'm running Windows XP sp2, VZAccess Manager 7.0.0.95.

I use windows to cofigure my wireless settings.

Also note my home wireless network does not broadcast it SSID, that's never been a problem before.

I would like to be able to switch back and forth as needed.

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Re: MiFi affecting available wireless networks
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1

I'm sorry, but it will be hard for anyone to provide you with troubleshooting steps based on how this post is written.

1.  Any ideas why my home wireless network disappears from "available wireless networks" in both Windows (where in Windows does it now show up)? and VZacess Manager after connecting wi-fi thru the MiFi 2200?

2.  My home wireless network is still available and working to all my other computers other than the one I'm connecting to MiFi 2200. (Do you have the MiFi connected with the USB to the computer or as a free standing hotspot)?

3. Also note my home wireless network does not broadcast it SSID, that's never been a problem before. (Maybe you should broadcast iyour SSID to see if it makes a difference).

0 Likes
Re: MiFi affecting available wireless networks
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1
I'm with widow on this one--turn SSID back on and see if that helps.  IMO, disabling SSID is nearly useless anyway, as anyone who wants in to your network can do so whether SSID is broadcast or not.  They can use Netstumbler or other utilities to sniff you out.
0 Likes