MiFi Red Lite on solid but no power
nh-dan

Here's a condition that I couldn't find in the book... my MiFi 2200 was working great today, and after awhile, the red lite starts flashing. I grabbed the USB cable and plugged it in. After a few minutes, I noticed that I lost my connectivity. The MiFi now has a SOLID red lite on the power button. Nothing I can do can get the unit working again. Whenever I plug in any cable with power, the red lite comes on solid, but the thing is dead beyond that. When I unplug it, I can't turn it on... when I plug it into the computer, the computer doesn't recognize that anything happened. I've tried a master reset, I pulled and re-installed the battery... nothing helps. I think the battery or charging circuit might be fried, but the unit is less than three months old.

Anyone else seen this happen??

Thanks,

Dan

0 Likes
Re: MiFi Red Lite on solid but no power
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1

My first MiFi acted a bit differently --it would go red intermittently when it had a full charge, while it was in use, operating via battery power.   I'd shut it off and then it would go back to green when I'd turn it back on.  This happened a few times over the course of about a week.   I called Verizon and they overnighted me a new unit ( I was on vacation at the time, so they sent it to the hotel and it arrived the next morning)  and I've had no trouble with it at all.  Get yours swapped out and you should be good to go.

0 Likes
nh-dan

Well, after further investigation, I find that when I connect the MiFi to my laptop with VZ Access Manager installed, it DOES try to install and configure the MiFi, but it hangs up at that point. I called tech support and they are sending me a replacement unit. Until then, anyone know how to reload/update the firmware on the MiFi? Seems to me there was an option on VZAM to do that, but I doubt that would work until it can configure the MiFi.

0 Likes
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1

You can locate the software for the MiFi at www.vzam.net and choose supported devices and look for the MiFi w/in the list.  Also, www.vzw.com/learning has a great tutorial for the MiFi and other devices.

0 Likes