MiFi® 4510L | no internet | no bars | green and purple blinking
jasder

I've got Verizon Jetpack® 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi® 4510L. Recently I've had some troubles with the internet. When i turn on my mifi i have no bars (next to the antenna on the screen) and therefore no internet access. I can connect to my mifi, but still have no internet. Also there are constantly blinking green and purple light. I tried to reset it but it didn't work. What should I do ????

0 Likes
Re: MiFi® 4510L | no internet | no bars | green and purple blinking
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jasder, Having internet access is crucial! Let's get you surfing the web. Have you tried using the Mi-Fi with another device? The good news is that when you see a green blinking light it means your device is powered on and connected to the 4G LTE network and transmitting data. The blinking Violet light means the device is powered on and connected to a 3G 1X or EV-DO network and transmitting data. Please leave the Mi-Fi on and take out the battery and the SIM card out after 10 seconds put the SIM card in and the battery. Restart the device you are wanting to connect to Mi-Fi. Now turn on the Mi-Fi and try your connection.  Please keep us posted with the outcome.
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jasder

Yes. I've tried it with other devices and it's the same thing: I am connected to MiFi but have no internet access.

I've just taken out the battery and SIM exactly like you told me to, restart my phone, and turn it on again.

But I still have the same problem. I turn on my MiFi and there are no bars, and there is still blinking: green, purple, green, purple... The only difference is that after a few minutes the signal and bars are back, the internet works, but it's only temporary and then there are no bars again.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> Also there are constantly blinking green and purple light.

Two blinking lights suggests that the Jetpack is not connected to either, it is searching around for a signal to connect to.  Once it does the light should stabilize as either Green (4G LTE) or purple (3G) and flicker only as data is sending or receiving.  There is more info on the light codes in the user manual.

Try restoring the defaults on your Jetpack.  Find the reset button under the back cover and press it down for about 15-20 seconds while the Jetpack is powered on.  This will wipe out any custom or accidental configuration changes that may have occurred.  If the Jetpack is still unable to connect then you might want to take it to a different location and see if there is a service problem somewhere.  If the same problem follows you around everywhere you go then your Jetpack is malfunctioning and would need to be services or most likely replaced/upgraded.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jasder - I just sent your a message. We will get you connected. Please is you can respond at your earliest convenience.
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
oededoo

I too have been working on internet connection problems with an Ellipsis 1141 which I was told to install in place of a 4510l that behaved as did one alluded to in the forum you replied to.  From January until mid August the Ellipsis 1141 was useless.  Support finally determined that a reliable 4G signal is not available.  The 4510l is functioning with 3G service and 0,1 or if extremely lucky 2 bars.  I was informed that I am within 3 miles of one tower and less than 3 miles from another.  Will an external antenna installed on the 4510l increase the 3G and 4G signals?  I believe the real solution is a Wilson or equivalent booster, but I fail to understand why I should spend hundreds of dollars to acquire 4G service when I am paying Verizon the most reliable and extensive network for it.

Roger

309-369-5701

0 Likes