MiFi 4510L hangs a lot
nsayer
Enthusiast - Level 3

When it's working, my MiFi 4510L is a wonderful device. The problem is that at least daily the device will just outright hang in use. When it does, everything just locks solid until the device drops the WiFi connection. The only fix is to remove the battery of the MiFi, reinstall it, and then power it back up.

The MiFi has over 9000 different version numbers, so it's hard to tell which one is significant, but the Modem FW version is 2.16.7.

What's wrong with the **bleep** thing?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MiFi 4510L hangs a lot
nsayer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Never mind. Things got worse. I'll start a new thread.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nsayer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Never mind. Things got worse. I'll start a new thread.

0 Likes
bravogolf

I just updated to latest 2.23 firmware version. Now my 4510L hotspot does not work. Goes green and never blinks. Now Verizon says I have no warranty. I have had it for a month!! Never dropped in water or dropped. Looks new. Why wont verizon replace it! Now I have a battle. Companies dont care about customers. You signed a contract, they have you! 

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Bravo,

Did you update your firmware on a mac?  If so then there is a known problem with the MiFi software and that OS.  You should try to reflash your firmware with a WinXP computer.  Verizon store reps can also perform the firmware reflashing if you are willing to go back into a store.

Verizon has commonly replaced bricked MiFi devices as a result of firmware updates.  When Verizon cannot reflash the device in the store then they normally do replace it.  You might not have been asking the correct questions or happened to ask a untrained rep.  Try going in again, perhaps to a different store, and showing a different rep the defect.  You can also speak with the 1800 support folks who can provide you with the same solution, they will have to ship it to you though. 

Your MiFi should have come with a 1 year MFG Warranty.  If you still have your customer receipt you can show a store rep right away and get your device replaced.   If you have truely had your device for a month then there should be no reason why you cannot get a replacement for this common and easily identifiable defect. 

0 Likes
RUn2it

That's really funny, ha ha. (doing a test to see if I can post before the connection drops on the MIFI 4510, you know, on the fastest most reliable network) I tried to update the firmware twice with techs on the phone and it was blue screen, wrote a ticket on the 12th OF NOVEMBER. When I emailed nabout it I was told to call support again. YEAH RIGHT instant replay, well not instant I guess. I'm going to configure it so it will do EXACTLY what I configure it for... a light duty paper weight, that's about the only way it could be called reliable, much less the most reliable. All of us consumers here must feel like mushrooms, yes, you know what I mean. I guess Verizon gives the people that won't take the time to become lawyers and scruples so low the used car lots won't hire them, lol. Saying this certainly is no worse than claiming things like reliable and fastest and 14 day trials that go krunk on day 15 and lock people into 2 year contracts and I only get satisfaction and no money. Wonder if they'll reinstate my prior contract and service since they lied and said there were no adapters for expresscard modems to usb when I asked about that when I bought a new laptop, I just discovered the Novatel adapter for $9.99 and they had them years ago. Consistantly faster, RELIABLE, never dropped connection, didn't hog GBs like this MIFI that's never seen 4G, I'm getting aggravated again ....

0 Likes