Re: SOLUTION!!!!!
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

The firmware updates for this device have not been very smooth so far.  The last round of updates forced a popup/redirection everytime you connected to the device until you downloaded the firmware update.  Not sure if Verizon has anything to do with the design of the firmware updates or not.  Novatell does not allow us to contact them directly so we really don't have any other choice then to complain to Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 4510L Firmware Update 2.23!
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Skywalker34 wrote:

Is there any way that i can downgrade the fw on my mifi to the 2.16 version again? Or is there any other possible thing that i can do to get it working the way it was before the update?

You cannot downgrade firmware.  Once you are upgraded there is no turning back.  The older firmware versions are not available from Verizon anyways.

Try resetting your MiFi to help it re-negotiate its connection with the local towers.  Sometimes performance problems can be quickly and easily resolved with a level 2.

Level 2 Reset:

1. Power down the MiFi

2. Remove the back cover

3. Remove the battery

4. Remove the SIM card

5. Allow the MiFi to sit for 30 seconds

6. Reassemble the MiFi

7. Test the Connection

0 Likes
RUn2it

downgrade the firmware? Ha ha, I tried twice to update with techs on the phone, blue screen. I triede all the resets, battery out simm out, wait, push reset on the edge where cover goes, added a drop kick to the list. I trhink I'll try the Mac brick thing that way it will work exactly the way I planned and will actually be reliable .... as a light duty paper weight. If you could downgrade the firmware and it worked like mine ...... I guess I would know if misery likes company anyways.

0 Likes
Re: SOLUTION!!!!!
karlsf

+1 For this solution.

Bricked my 4510L via Mac updating software (under Lion).  Used XP and about steps to remedy problem.

0 Likes
1oldcrow49
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just updated today and wish I hadn't. I am also having the same problems as you. Yesterday I was getting 3 and 4 bars consistantly and today I only get 1 to 2 bars. Can only browse with 2 bars and everything comes to a halt when it drops to 2 bars. Moving around the room doesn't help

0 Likes
stekib

I should have reviewed all these notes before upgrading to 2.23. Got Blue Screen of Death on my machine and now MiFi is slower. Live and learn.

0 Likes