MiFi 2200 Questions
parkernathan
Contributor - Level 2

I have a friend with the MiFi 2200 (?, the black box that just says Verizon Wireless on it, the 3G version, not the 4G LTE MiFi), and he's asking me a few questions about it I thought I'd ask the community on (since I'm troubleshooting some of his PC issues right now).

He wants to know how to properly update the PRL on the MiFi. I think this is done through VZ Access Manager but I'm not sure.

He also wants to know how to check the signal on it to see what signal he's getting at his house. Again, I believe he could do this in VZ Access Manager, but it's been a while since I've used VZ Access Manager since I have Personal Hotspot on my iPhone now. 🙂

He also wants to know how to check for firmware updates for the MiFi and any other maintenance he can do to ensure the MiFi runs great.

I'm also going to show him the new Share Everything Plans since he has three phones and the MiFi on an account and all have data/texting packages right now. Could save them some money.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MiFi 2200 Questions
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

3G only MiFi = MiFi 2200.

There should be no need to manually update the PRL on the MiFi.  The device will recover and update itself for you as you roam around and connect with the local towers.

Sign into the MiFi admin page to view statistics and diagnostics on the device.  This is normally done by typing in the IP Address of the MiFi into a web browser.  For example: 192.168.1.1.  Sign into the MiFi Admin page with the admin password (default is normally "admin") and you will be able to look up whatever you want.  If you dont know it then reset the defaults on the MiFi and try again.

For detailed readings on the reception/signal you will need to perform a site survey.

Site Survey:

http://3gstore.com/page/13_will_an_antenna_help_me.html

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Nightowl12

I have the MiFi 4G for my computer reception, but I don't really know if that is what his MiFi is used for.

If it is for a computer then when you get the MiFi reception it will tell you how to update it with a registration number.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

3G only MiFi = MiFi 2200.

There should be no need to manually update the PRL on the MiFi.  The device will recover and update itself for you as you roam around and connect with the local towers.

Sign into the MiFi admin page to view statistics and diagnostics on the device.  This is normally done by typing in the IP Address of the MiFi into a web browser.  For example: 192.168.1.1.  Sign into the MiFi Admin page with the admin password (default is normally "admin") and you will be able to look up whatever you want.  If you dont know it then reset the defaults on the MiFi and try again.

For detailed readings on the reception/signal you will need to perform a site survey.

Site Survey:

http://3gstore.com/page/13_will_an_antenna_help_me.html

0 Likes
parkernathan
Contributor - Level 2

Sounds good. I'll show him how to tap into it using the browser and check his settings. Thanks!

0 Likes