MIFIA 4510L - Can I Connect to computer w/o wireless?
jbartleman

"I recently purchased a Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi™ 4510L. My computer does not have a wireless card, can I connect it directly to my computer through a USB port?"

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MIFIA 4510L - Can I Connect to computer w/o wireless?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

No,

The MiFi 4510L is a wireless only device.  The drivers have not been released for any OS which would allow for a true teathered/USB connection.  There are some exceptions that allow for the MiFi to broadcast and charge when USB connected, but the actual internet connection is still over the wireless.

A wireless card is a requirement with this device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

No,

The MiFi 4510L is a wireless only device.  The drivers have not been released for any OS which would allow for a true teathered/USB connection.  There are some exceptions that allow for the MiFi to broadcast and charge when USB connected, but the actual internet connection is still over the wireless.

A wireless card is a requirement with this device.

0 Likes
jbartleman

John,  That is what I thought; thank you for the quick response.

Jim

0 Likes
mdpearo
I have a USB broadband device, Pantech UML290. I am wanting the MIFi 4510. Would be interested in trading devices if the USB device is what you are wanting.
0 Likes
BeakerChi

Another $25-$50 for me to spend.  Just to hook this thing up to my PC.  I told the rep all I want to do is get rid of my DSL provider and he said all I had to do was hook up the 4510 to my PC and it is all set.  These reps in the stores need more training I guess.

0 Likes
espywvz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had the same conection problem with my wide's desktop computer tower. I solved it by getting a Wireless USB Adapter from Radio Shack. The lower level one was about $30 and works fine. I'm assuming your computer has a USB 2.0 port.