wpkarg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I HAVE TALKED SEVERAL TIMES TO THE PEOPLE ON THE TECH HELP LINE AS TO THIS ISSUE WITH THE JET PACK. I HAVE FOUND IT WORKS FINE WITH ALL MY ITEMS (PHONE, IPAD, COMPUTER) EVERYWHERE BUT IN OR CLOSE TO MY HOME. UNIT SHOWS FULL BARS BOTH ON THE JET PACK AND ON THE COMPUTER, BUT WILL NOT CONECT TO THE INTERNET. WALK OUT OF THE HOUSE A HALF A BLOCK AWAY AND IT WILL CONNECT JUST FINE. SO I KNOW THE JET PACK AND THE COMPUTER IS ALL SET RIGHT. SOMETHING IN OR BY MY HOME IS BLOCKING OR DISRUPTING THE SIGNAL. WHAT CAN IT BE? I HAVE UNHOOKED ALL ANTENNAS WITH NO HELP. ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MIFI
wpkarg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally figured it out or I should say my wife did. We have a wireless router which sends a TV signal from 1 TV to another in a different room in the house. I forgot about it when I unhooked all the antennas in the home. We turned it off last night and the Jet pack hooked right up, works great now. I would like to thank everyone who responded to my question. I was told by Verizon it was possible to have something to do with a TV signal and it was. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

First of all, please remove the caps lock from your responses to public forums.  This is unnecessary and makes it very difficult to read and analyze what you have typed. 

> I HAVE FOUND IT WORKS FINE WITH ALL MY ITEMS (PHONE, IPAD, COMPUTER) EVERYWHERE BUT IN OR CLOSE TO MY HOME.

Then the problem is with your VZW reception at home.

> SOMETHING IN OR BY MY HOME IS BLOCKING OR DISRUPTING THE SIGNAL. WHAT CAN IT BE?

Yes, you may have poor Verizon service in or near your home, but a block away it may work perfectly fine.  To confirm you would want to perform a process known as a site survey. Basically you sample your connectivity in multiple areas to map out service problems like this.

More info on site surveys here:

https://3gstore.com/page/13_will_an_antenna_help_me.html

Give the steps a shot and see what you can find out.  In addition to testing the Verizon signal test your connectivity between the MiFi and your phone at each location too.  Document your findings and share what you find.

wpkarg
Enthusiast - Level 2

The funny thing is it works fine in my neighbors house also, less than 25 feet away. It did seem to work fine the first day but then quit working. It is like something has happen in the house to cause it to happen. undid the Century link modem and lost all internet, now even after I hooked it back up, it still will not work either. I get the same error message.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Thanks for the info and responding in normal caps : )  My eyeballs are much happier now.

Give the site survey steps a shot and see what you can find.  Sounds like you have it isolated to 25 feet away and it works.  What about right next to the house, right inside the house, in the basement or upstairs, etc.  Keep an eye on the VZW service bars and try to record the specific RSSI as stated in the link I provided if possible.  This is your feedback to know how strong the VZW signal is from a specific location and is a clue to what could be going on.

Since you recently replaced your Century Link gear perhaps your home devices are still searching and connecting to the old network instead of the new one?  If so then once you bring the devices out of range of the old network they connect to the Jetpack and work correctly.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your response  John_Getzke .  wpkarg, we definitely want to ge to the bottom of this issue at hand. Since the device worked at first, it appears to be a device specific issue and not network related as your other devices would have similar issues as the jetpack. Please share any other troubleshooting steps that you've performed to get the 2 devices connected?  

La’SindaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's concerning to hear that you are experiencing issues with your JetPack at your home location. I definitely want to make sure that we look into this for you. Can you please provide your ZIP Code?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
wpkarg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the unit hooked up all weekend at our lake home, worked fine with no changes as to the computer or other items hooking up to the MIFI. It worked great even with very little signal on the jet pack. Also worked great while on the road. Got to our home in Glencoe, zip code 55336, it stopped working as we pulled into the drive way even with full bars. I walked to the neighbor drive way 25 feet away got it to hook right up. The problem does not seem to be signal, something is killing the connection between the Jet pack and all the items it is to connect to when I am close to my home. We have not got to do the test as to John yet, it was late last night when we got home. But I do not think this will tell me what is blocking the signal from the MIFI unit after I watch the video of this test. It will only tell me it not working. I was told metal siding could be an issue but I am standing outside my front door and it will not connect. There has to something causing the blockage, just do not know what it could be.

0 Likes
wpkarg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally figured it out or I should say my wife did. We have a wireless router which sends a TV signal from 1 TV to another in a different room in the house. I forgot about it when I unhooked all the antennas in the home. We turned it off last night and the Jet pack hooked right up, works great now. I would like to thank everyone who responded to my question. I was told by Verizon it was possible to have something to do with a TV signal and it was. Thanks again.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Thanks for the confirmation.  Glad you got it working.

0 Likes