MIFI USB620L Not working with MAC Sierra?
lsbthecaretaker

The USB620L was suggested to me by Verizon Customer Support because my old MIFI stopped working when I upgraded to Mac OSX Sierra.

They assured me the USB 620L would work with Mac Sierra

I purchased it and it did not work. I am also learning that this MIFI DOES NOT WORK WITH SIERRA despite being assure with VZ Customer Support.  I also spent 2.5 hours on the phone with them as they tried to figure out why it wasnt working on my machine only to come to the forums and discover I am one of thousands that are running the latest software for MAC and the USB does not work on it. It is working on a much older Mac OSX 10.7

1.  Why is Verizon telling people to upgrade to this device knowing it doesnt work with El Capitan or Sierra?

2.  Why have you not fixed this issue after at least a year?

3.  Why does this newer product not work with the newer operating system?

Am I missing something.

Anyone suggest other companies that offer this type of product since Verizon doesnt want to fix this?

Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MIFI USB620L Not working with MAC Sierra?
BrilliantOne
Enthusiast - Level 1

The USB620L MiFi does work on Mac OS X El Capitan and above. I have managed to get it working by downloading the Novatel Wireless MiFi Mode Switch Utility from Verizon and installing the utility. I then simply plugged in the card and I was connected to the internet. You may have to access the web interface for the MiFi to connect.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of staying connected. When you say it did not work, what specifically was not functioning? Are you showing connection issues?

TabithaJ _VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this! 

0 Likes
lsbthecaretaker

This product does not work with the newer MAC Operating Systems, El Capitan or Sierra which are both over 10.9

The Verizon Sales People and Tech Support think it will work because USB620L says it works with Mac Operating Systems over 10.5 but it does not.

It works with Mac OSX Operating Systems over 10.5 but Sierra and El Capitan are different operating systems.

So after spending 30 minutes on the phone with sales to pick a product that would work with my system this was suggested.  After 3.5 ours with tech support they couldn't figure out why it didnt work and thought the device was broken.  I plugged it into a old computer and it worked so I knew it wasnt the device. I checked the forms and saw people with El Capitan had the same issue.

I then went to the store and they never even heard of the product! They laughed when I told them that tech support told me to bring it in for them to test on one of their computers.  I returned the product completely.

Verizon needs to put language on their website stating that this device does not work with newer operating systems or they need to upgrade the device so that it does. 

0 Likes
BrilliantOne
Enthusiast - Level 1

The USB620L MiFi does work on Mac OS X El Capitan and above. I have managed to get it working by downloading the Novatel Wireless MiFi Mode Switch Utility from Verizon and installing the utility. I then simply plugged in the card and I was connected to the internet. You may have to access the web interface for the MiFi to connect.

MICDER77

I spent 2-1/2 hours on the phone today and over 4 more hours this week and no resolution was achieved. Verizon Wireless has shown that there is no concern for it customer and that customer service is not a priority. I will end up paying close to $500 for a 2 year agreement  ona device that does not work. I also pay over 300/mo for unlimited service with multiple lines. The fact that they cannot cancel an agreement and provide a device that works to make things right, is very disheartening. i will definitely consider an alternate carrier when this is all over.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is never something we want our customers to go through. Please allow us the chance to revisit the situation. Give us all the details of the matter at hand.

AnthonyM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes