MIFI-MISLEAD BY STORE PERSONEL
cuteangelmother
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will never recommend Verizon to anyone.  I got MIFI wireless at a Verizon store and was told 10G would be plenty for movies and gaming.  Well after 6 days we had gone through 5 G and after limiting to just email and regular web pages we went through the other 5 g in 14 days.  We have only had it 1 and a half months so I am stuck for another 23 months or pay 300.00 to get out of it.  I would never have signed up for it had I had any idea that it would be basically for email and a few web pages a day. I have read others with the same complaints.  When some of us sign up we have no idea how much data an application uses.  To say it is plenty for a family is misleading.  They should just day we don't know.  It depends on the internet sight or application.  When you call customer service they seem to know how to explain it after it is too late.  Why can't the store employees?  They just want the sale...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MIFI-MISLEAD BY STORE PERSONEL
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

This is one of the top concerns that we had when we started evaluating these devices.  Thankfully I had put in the time to research what 5GB of data actually looks like.  We are stressing that our users manage and monitor thier data plans by using the 1(800) 922-0204 number and the email alerts.

We also try to show them the Data Calculator from Verizon to help them Visualize 5GB of data before they decide to purchase one:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/splash_includes/datacalculator.html

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable
You should have done your homework.
0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

This is one of the top concerns that we had when we started evaluating these devices.  Thankfully I had put in the time to research what 5GB of data actually looks like.  We are stressing that our users manage and monitor thier data plans by using the 1(800) 922-0204 number and the email alerts.

We also try to show them the Data Calculator from Verizon to help them Visualize 5GB of data before they decide to purchase one:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/splash_includes/datacalculator.html

0 Likes