Lost connection to SmartTV twice - completely forgot network and had to reenter password twice
RITISWEETHEART

Connected new Jetpack to parent's smart tv as their internet replacement.  Worked great, then after Netflix was paused for a while the Mifi network dropped and was no longer in the tv settings. I had to reconnect and re-enter password.  Thought it was a fluke, mom reported it did the same thing the following day.

I have jetpack now troubleshooting, I changed setting to never sleep and am playing with the connection on my HP laptop. Great connection when using it, but tested putting my computer to sleep and opening to reconnect and twice now it was not able to reconnect until I "woke up" the jetpack.

Parents live in the sticks and their internet is terrible and expensive, with new unlimited data this was intended to replace their service for general computer use and to keep tv connected to internet to watch Netflix and Amazon and stuff. This is not going to work if the network needs to be reconnected and passwords reentered every day.

Hopefully this is a simple setting I'm missing or a bad device and is fixable.

0 Likes
Re: Lost connection to SmartTV twice - completely forgot network and had to reenter password twice
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The mifi/Jetpack isn't a good choice for the stationary Internet device that operates 24/7. The LTE Installed device or the LTE router is designed for 24/7 operation.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Lost connection to SmartTV twice - completely forgot network and had to reenter password twice
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s important to us that you get the best performance possible from you Jetpack, RITASWEETHEART and I’m happy to help you today. Let’s go over a few details and work towards a solution.

May we please have your current zip code? Can we also have the specific make/model of the Jet pack device? Please provide a few additional details and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes