Jetpack not allowing data through on 3G.
1aaron

I have the older jetpack (more rounded) and it works great on 4G LTE and 1X but will not work on 3G.  My previous one that was identical worked great on all but the battery quit charging.  I have been sent 3 total replacements and all do the same thing.  When in a 3G only area my devices will connect but no data seems to be coming through.  It shows connected to 3G on the screen and it shows my devices connected.  If I open an internet explorer window it takes me to the admin logon page for the jetpack itself. This happens on phones, tablets, laptop.  I was on the phone with tech support for hours going through settings and they have no idea what is going on.  This is happening on several towers taht are 3G only as well. This started in January and I have not called back to see about getting the newer jetpack.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack not allowing data through on 3G.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

1aaron,

We truly want you to be able to enjoy connecting to any network connection. Lets look into this further. What exact make/model jetpack do you have? When you had the devices replaced did you also have the SIM cards replaced? What is the exact zipcode(s) where you are unable to connect to 3G service?

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
1aaron

I have the Novatel Wireless MIFI5510L.  I had the device and sim card replaced.  At first, they just sent me one replacement device with a new number and sim card and I sent my old one back sim card and all. This is before I realized that my old was was really working (if this model of jetpack gets very cold, the connections don’t work to charge it until it warms up a little).  The zip code is 77871 (Hilltop Lakes, TX).  There is a Verizon tower within about 3-4 miles, but only 3G service from it.  This also happens anywhere else there is just 3G service.  Other zip codes I can remember are 75839 (Slocum, TX) and along Highway 7 (Marquez, TX to Kosse, TX) in 77865, 77856, 76653, and 76687.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those were some great details, 1aaron. But that's far too many areas to be having difficulties in. Let's double check what is set as your preferred mobile network mode through the device interface by going to Mobile Network > More > Preferred Network. Please also access the Admin Page you mentioned http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-71935 -> Jetpack Settings -> Advanced (Click on Continue to confirm) -> Networks -> 4G LTE APN. The value must be VZWINTERNET. Please keep us posted if this helps.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
1aaron

It was set to we01.vzwstatic.  I changed it to VZWINTERNET and turned the jetpack off and back on.  No change. Still shows Verizon 3G and 1 device connected (my laptop) but the laptop says no internet access and when I open internet explorer it redirects me to the admin page for the jetpack.

You said that was too many areas to be having problems, but this happens everywhere there is 3G only.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you trying those steps 1aaron. May I ask what type of laptop are you using to connect to the jetpack? What operating system does it have? Can I assume that you have already checked your firewall settings to ensure that the computer is allowing the web access from the jetpack? While we understand that you stated that you are having issues with more than one device, the best path is to troubleshoot on one device, achieve a resolution, and then test on other devices.

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
1aaron

I am using a Dell Latitude E6430 ATG with Windows 7 Enterprise.  The jetpack works great on this computer when in 4G LTE area and it also works when in 1X areas.  It also shows connected with no internet access when in 3G area but the only internet explorer page it will bring up is the jetpack admin page and no other data comes through for any other application.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

1aaron - We appreciate all of the effort you've put into this thus far. Let's delve a bit deeper however and see if we can figure this out. If you change the network setting to EVDO only does it then allow connections to other webpages while on the 3G network:  http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-71937/ ? If not change back to the standard Automatic setting and check the UPv6 Firewall setting and update the UPv6 Transparent Mode to reflect opposite of its current setting and let us know if it makes a difference with the data passthrough on 3G for all websites.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
1aaron

Changed to EVDO only and it would still only allow the admin page to come up in IE and still showed 3G connection on jetpack. Set back to Automatic.

There was no UPv6 in firewall, but there was IPv6.  It was turned on and I turned it off.  I turned he jetpack off then back on.  It connected to my laptop and still would only allow access to the jetpack admin page.  I turned on the IPv6 again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

1aaron, we appreciate you doing all of your troubleshooting. We want to make sure we get this up and working as soon as possible. Please check your jetpack settings. By going to Jetpack Settings/Software Update. This will give us more information.
RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes