Jetpack U6620L Tethered Mode Power Option
RickVicik
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it possible for a U6620L Jetpack to power up/down when the USB device it is tethered to does?  Mine is tethered to a router and every time the router is powered up, I have to manually power up the U6620L.  When I power the router off, the U6620L stays powered until its battery runs down.  The devices are hidden away in a utility room and not easily accessed.  Previously I used a UML295 USB Modem with the router which worked fine except it didn't work with Canadian cellular service (it's on a boat).  My local Verizon store told me to upgrade the UML295 to a U6620L which I did and it works OK except for the power up/down issue.  The U620L appears to be a true USB modem like the UML295 rather than a "jetpack", but it shows as "no longer available" on the verizon website.  If I can't get the U6620L to behave like a USB modem, is there a replacement for the U620L that works in Canada?

---rick

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack U6620L Tethered Mode Power Option
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RickVicik, I would like to further into your issue. Please respond to the DM that I have sent you so I can look into this.

MahrizaM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes