Re: Jetpack 890L frequently loses 4G, claims 3G but no data, requires hard reset
EveningRose_MorningTh

I am having the same problem.

I tried updating the software, but receive a "Network Unavailable" error.

Boo.

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack 890L frequently loses 4G, claims 3G but no data, requires hard reset
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's no good! Have you since been able to complete the software update? Here's more info on the update including instructions. http://vz.to/122weMI

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BluRock
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having continuous problems with the Verizon Jet Pack.  Have talked with Verizon Tech Support many times to no avail.  I find that the device works satisfactorily in early morning hours, good speed tests, etc., but doesn't work well at all in the evening hours.  Device has actually been replaced but that didn't resolve the problems either.  I find that removing the battery pack will sometimes regain connection but even after disabling the 'Dormant' feature, it still goes into a dormant state and I have to reset.  I'm only three miles from a Verizon tower but for some reason I'm being connected to a tower seventeen miles away.  I'm confident there is a fix for this but Verizon has yet to find it.  Any help from other users will be appreciated. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BluRock, I'm confident that there's a fix for this as well and I'm sure that we will get to the bottom of it. How do you know that you're connected to a tower 17 miles away? What zip code are you located in? Does you device still show 4G in the evening? Make sure your software is updated as well.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes