Jetpack 4G MHS will not connect to Kodak Hero wirelessly
John37hickory

I have tried to conned my Kodak Hero with wifi to my Jetpack using the Search option on Kodak and entering string.  Jetpack does not connect but printer says it is found but not connected.  I also tired WRS to no avail.

I connected the prineter to a CLEAR device at another home no problem.  Is there some settings on the Jetpack that have to change to get the Kodak Hero to connect.  I also have a Kodak EPS7250 that also has same issue.  I am at my wits end.  I am fairly good at computers so this is weird.

Should I change a Jet pack setting or what.  Please any help would be super.

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack 4G MHS will not connect to Kodak Hero wirelessly
John37hickory

This is a question please help

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

John,

Can you confirm which Mobile Hotspot (MHS) device you are using?  JetPack is Verizon's tag that it attaches to all its MHS (3G and 4G) devices so its not very descriptive.

Chances are good that your JetPack's wireless signal is not compatible with your wireless devices.  Once we know the model we can send you the steps to access the configuration page and try a few things out.

0 Likes
John37hickory

Hi, The Verizon Jetpack is a 4G LTE device and named Verizon-890L-DDBD in 3G mode-  cannot get 4G in the country.

My Kodak Hero 5.1 AiO printer sometimes connects to my Jetpack but only has the Mac address.

The Printer readout says

Printer host name_ EK941eo5fc

connetion: not connected

Ip address 192.168.15.63

IP address type : Dynamic

Network supnet: 255.255.255.0

and other stuff...

Is this enough information?

I really apppreciate any hellp and will stay logged on

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

As we have learned from other threads, the 890L cannot change its IP address.  That means that any device that connects to it must have an IP address of 192.168.1.x.  From the info you posted your Kodak printer is definitly not on the correct network because it is reporting a 192.168.15.x IP address.

My first suggestion would be to try re-entering your wireless password and network name (SSID) into the wireless printer.  There should be some kind of wireless setup wizard on your printer that will allow you to do this.  Some printers are extra picky and like to know the encryption type when you setup a wireless connection.  Your choices are either AES or TKIP, so try them both out and see if you can establish the connection.

If you are absolutely sure you have entered the correct wireless password into the printer then the next step would be to try changing the Network Mode from BGN down to BG.  From there you could also experiment with the password type such as lowering it from WPA2 down to WPA or WEP. 

See page 22 of the 890L User Guide for more information on basic WiFi settings:

http://www.zteusa.com/support/um/201205/P020120524834954274011.pdf

See page 24 of the 890L User Guide for more information on WiFi passwords:

http://www.zteusa.com/support/um/201205/P020120524834954274011.pdf

0 Likes