Internal Error 2738. Could not access VBscript
Bear77

Can't load VZAccess Manager to new Windows 7 laptop. Told "Internal Error 2738. Could not access VBscript.' There is an article about this problem happening with a Blackberry install, but nothing about an USB modem. Seems to be a Windows problem and not a Verizon problem and solution is quite complex. Any easy solutons?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Internal Error 2738. Could not access VBscript
bpc21401

I'm having the same problem. I have tried all the on-line solutions (unregistering and reregistering vbscript.dll for a 64 bit machine as described at http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03490 but although it says the scipt was succesfully registered, I still have the same problem.

When I contacted Verizon by phone on this issue, I was told "It's a problem with your computer, not with our software" when I contacted the store where I bout the computer I was told "If you had bought the softweare from us, we woulod help you, but you did't" When I contacted Microsoft, I was told "Don't write programs that use scrtipts" That's nice, but since I'm not a developer it's not a big help.

Where do I go? I'm even more concerned because I've tried every article I can find on the web (most directed at windows vista, not windows 7) and had no luck.

Help!

0 Likes
mbohanon

I had the exact same problem as described above with my Windows 2007 OS.  It's not the software, it has something to do with your registry and how VZ is installing the app.  I found the below post and it helped tremendously.  The software finally installed after following the simple steps provided (in the below link).  Just make sure when editing your computer registry to delete the correct key as deleting anything else can cause catastrophic problems if you don't know what you're doing.  Good luck!

~M

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/windows-vista-7-dreaded-error-2738-fix-236211/

0 Likes
Not applicable

The cause of this problem is that the vb script in the registry is not set appropriately.  I am a technician that has run into this problem a couple of times with different dll script based programs.

The resolution is simply a matter of making sure the VBscript engine is written properly, and that the engine is registered. 

Mcaffee antivirus will prevent this script from being deleted/reregistered, and will have to be removed with Mcaffee antivirus removal tool, in order to reset the vbscript. 

Resolution: Register the VB SCRIPT

The VBScript engine can be quickly registered by following these steps:

1. Run Command Prompt as administrator:
    1. Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories
    2. Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
  2. Run the following command:
    • If you are using 32-bit version of Windows:
      • Type cd %windir%\system32 into the Command Prompt and hit Enter
    • If you are using 64-bit version of Windows:
      • Type cd %windir%\syswow64 into the Command Prompt and hit Enter
  3. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll into the Command Prompt and hit Enter.

IF registering the script didn't work, make sure you delete/ re register script

If you are using 32-bit version of Windows:

2. Type the following command in the prompt: reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE \Classes\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}" /f, then hit Enter.
  3. Next, you must also type the following command: c:\windows\system32\regsvr32 vbscript.dll, then hit Enter.
  4. You should now be able to install your Nitro PDF software product.

If you are using 64-bit version of Windows:

2. Type the following command in the prompt: reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}" /f, then hit Enter.
  3. Next, you must also type the following command: c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 vbscript.dll, then hit Enter.
  4. You should now be able to install your Nitro PDF software product.
0 Likes
marketing_idea-ist

1) Download http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe [McAfee removal tool]

2) Then in a administrator command prompt run "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" (no quotes)

Problem Solved!

Joshua

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes