Installing the Mifi with OS X 10.6.2
whodat

Thank god for the Internet!! I too had trouble getting this thing fired up. After purchasing the MiFi and immediately taken off for a road trip I could not for the love of me get this thing to work.

VZAccess manager installed but did not recognized the hardware half of the time and when it did it would NOT activate it through the Verizon activation server!

note: I was attempting to install the software straight off of the image burned onto the device iteself when you plug it into your USB port and it mounts the image ready to install.

I did some research and found a post that sent me to download the latest Software for the VZAccess manager / MiFi and Mac OS X 10.6.2. here are the steps I took

• Remove the old version of the VZAccess manager IF you have gone that route as I had done until then. 
  • Go ahead and install the newly download software, you will have to enter the admin password for your mac
  • Once installed, Tether your MIFI to your USB port and fire it up. The VZAccess manager should find it and immediately activate your device if you have not yet activated it. 
  • After you have successfully connected to the broadband via the USB connection, go head and click disconnect the MiFi connection, yank out the USB and turn off the device.
  • Now restart it and your VZAccess manager should now see the MiFi as a wifi device and at this point you can dble click on it and it will connect you. You may have to enter the device password to establish the secure WEP connection but other than that your should be good to go.

It worked for! this post is done from my hotel room in Taos NM way up in the mountain ! This little device promises to be a great companion to the mac!

Good luck

0 Likes