Re: I want my money back!
Deamorei
Enthusiast - Level 2

People need to get their facts straight. Verizon who is under investigation recently doubled there ETF from 175 to 350. Secondly where in the contract does it impose any restrictions other then a crappy bandwidth allotment?  Centennial Wireless has unlimited local data meaning you can use your cellular modem * NOT A  PHONE* as a internet connection all day and all night. It just isn't as fast as Verizon. Hard to VOIP over a 256k dsl speed connection which was what i had via CW. 

The plan was called local data access. TRULY unlimited. The only reason i switched to Verizion was because the speed is substantially better. I wanted to do more not less when subscribing to Verizon Mobile Broadband. Now i can just take my MIFI to a local WIFI hotspot and download until my moden burns out at no additional cost. Makes you wonder what these brainiacs are smoking sometimes.

I'm starting to see 1 year service contracts via other providers starting  to pop up . I expect this to continue. I'm stuck for just under 2 years with Verizon and i can tell you this. The service i have is excellant but the amount of service we get for 65+ bucks a month is measley. I will not stay a paying customer just because the service alone is good. I will go for the best value for my dollar ultimately.

Oh btw when i'm mobile i don't pay nothing using hotspots at fast food restaurants , hotels etc , etc its free either WIFI or cable hook up. Yeah thats right i have no use for my MIFI when travelling. I don't need it. This argument that Verizon Mobile broadband is designed for the casual use traveler is pretty weak now adays. Again the rural user is getting raked atm. Tell me if i do MIFI it up with 5 users how long will my bandwidth last lol :smileywink:?

0 Likes
Not applicable

ETF's for mobile broadband are $175 less $5 per month.  I signed up for a one year plan.  I don't know of any restrictions other than 5 GB per month.  I use mine at our beach house, mother-in-law's house, and driving down the highway (with wife driving).  Those are all hard to do with a wifi hotspot.  Maybe you should check your facts.

http://b2b.vzw.com/broadband/bba_terms.html

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
Get your facts straight? Yeah, it's a $350 ETF for SMARTPHONES, not aircards or standard handsets. By the way, the reason Verizon is faster when it comes to broadband is because they DO put a limit on their bandwidth usage. The unlimited ones are slower because of all the people using it all the time.
0 Likes
Jagger-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

May I ask what we have attempted to rectify your situation?  Additionally, Verizon Wireless will not have to "take you to court" they will simply ding your credit when/if you do not pay your early termination fee to the legally binding contract that you signed.  I would like to ensure that this situation does not happen so please Private Message me and lets see if I cannot help solve your issue so everyone is happy. 

0 Likes
Deamorei
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon sales clerks sold me the Mifi-2200. They didn't tell me you couldn't keep it connected to my home PC to do so which doesn't matter. The max use on a charge is 4 hours. I do like most just leave it plugged in and Ethernet connect my other computers to my main machine ala not using it as WIFI. Kinda pointless to have a limited WIFI connection ie time limit.  I could do the same on my laptop but I just use the internal wireless card that came with it when mobile. As far as mobile data use. I probably know one in 100 friends that use the web on their phone. Most of them don't even own laptops unless its their main home machine.. They call and text mainly like I do on my pre paid Tracfone with their own phones.

One of the biggest arguments of wireless broadband caps is people don't have an idea of how much they use. If they did they never would of signed up for 2 years on a limited use plan. We've been unlimited for over 20 years now. We've seen the web go from 14.4k  to what it is now. Again the large subscriber base that is directly affected is the rural user. Verizon knows and wants all this client base they can sink their teeth into. Hey you can't blame a business for wanting to expand but with that expansion you better be able to cover your expenses. Who cares about a 1mbps download rate or 100mbps up and down rate if you can't use it as a customer to your advantage. Having caps means we can't use our service to OUR advantage. This really goes for all providers who impose 5GB caps..

So now Verizon is throwing the dog a bone saying you can use WIFI hotspots at certain location for free with your mobile broadband plan. Guess what I don't need any plan at all ot use most WIFI hotpots I know of. As long as I'm in range I have a network connection to the web via my wireless card.. So tell me how they added value to my plan? Verizon got where it is because of once good deals and services.  They have huge profits and one if not the biggest cash cows of them all  is mobile broadband. Yes Mobile Broadband especially capped is a big cash cow.

I can burn 25mb and hour easy doing some casual surfing. Add on the wife, a kid or two and you could eat up 100mb and hour easy without any major downloading. Your daily limit per say is 166.6 mb a day on a 5GB plan. Now that I have a rough idea on consumption which I never had to worry about before I think a fair amount of data for the price we pay would be about 25GB a month limit. Me and my family would probably never use 15GB a month. Probably closer to 10GB if I did any serious downloading. Just the two of us now.

If people knew how much 5GB per data would get them prior to signing instead of listening to sales reps say that " It would be almost impossible for you to exceed the monthly cap as a sales pitch they would never sign on. Now that people are beginning to realize how little it is they are not happy. What would happen if Verizon offered a 90 day program that allowed return of the phone , etc etc and account cancellation with no penalty? They would go bankrupt. As it stands I'm looking for the first mobile broadband company that has either unlimited or much higher caps. Paying  175 bucks for an ETF is a measly price to pay considering I don't have to babysit my connection daily.

0 Likes
yeeheecom

I have only one thing to say Road Runner 4G Mobile broadband and it is only $34.95 a month for unlimited bandwidth.  Why can't verizon do this? Its like most companies these days, GREED. It will eventually be there downfall.

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
It's because Road Runner has more bandwidth than Verizon, and since it's home service, they allocate bandwidth regionally, not nationally. Verizon has only so much bandwidth for the entire country, and because it's mobile, it costs more to maintain. This why you can get home phone service for $30 unlimited, but wireless plans cost more for a limited plan.
0 Likes
yeeheecom

"It's because Road Runner has more bandwidth than Verizon, and since it's home service, they allocate bandwidth regionally, not nationally. Verizon has only so much bandwidth for the entire country, and because it's mobile, it costs more to maintain. This why you can get home phone service for $30 unlimited, but wireless plans cost more for a limited plan."

{please keep your posts courteous} Road Runner has Mobile now and it is unlimited . You get a usb modem just like verizon offers and it is zooming fast. and it is only $34.95 a month.   More bandwidth than verizon. lol what a joke.  You don't have a clue what your talking about.

{edit}

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2

I'm sorry, my mistake. I was unaware Road Runner offered that service. If it's as great as you say it is, then I'm happy you found an alternative that works for you. Upon doing some research as you so politely suggested, I found that Road Runner does not offer service in all areas, and their speeds vary from place to place. In fact, when comparing Verizon's map to Time Warner's, Verizon has a much larger coverage area. With Time Warner, you will need to sign a 2-year contract with an activation fee just like Verizon. Also, in order to be able to have Roadrunner mobile broadband, you must be subscribed to one of Time Warner's home services, and they DO NOT have service in all areas, as our rural friends will tell you. So, for where you can use it and IF you happen to have home service with them, Time Warner's mobile broadband seems like a good solution. Although, I like a larger coverage area, and once you factor in the cost of the home services, the cheaper Roadrunner rate suddenly seems to be rather expensive.... Thanks for telling me to do some research; I think I'll stay with Verizon. They're developing their own 4G network anyway.  {please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes